Swindell Captures Final Night Victory at The Ditch WEST MEMPHIS, AR (8-18-07) -- Jeff Swindell captured his third All Star victory on Saturday night at Riverside International Speedway in West Memphis, AR as the O'Reilly All Star Circuit of ...
Swindell Captures Final Night Victory at The Ditch
WEST MEMPHIS, AR (8-18-07) -- Jeff Swindell captured his third All Star victory on Saturday night at Riverside International Speedway in West Memphis, AR as the O'Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions wrapped up their tour through the area at "The Ditch". Swindell was able to motor his way through tight traffic on the short bullring and avoid trouble that plagued so many other drivers. Several cautions slowed the race as cars bumped and banged their way around the gumbo surface as Swindell jumped out to the early lead. Chad Blonde, who started 6th, quickly worked his way to the front and was running in 2nd place when the red came out for Tim Scites on lap two.
On the restart, Wright and Paulus got together sending them both tumbling down the front stretch. When action resumed, it was All Star point leader Danny Smith who went for a ride in turn three bringing out another red on lap four. The damage was light and he was able to get the car repaired by bolting on a new wing and was able to rejoin the field before the cars were pushed off for the restart.
With just four laps in the books, it was Swindell leading over Blonde and Jan Howard. On the restart, Blonde chased down Swindell like a man on a mission and took the lead on lap six. Just three laps later, Blonde tangled with the lapped car of Jason Keith getting up over his wheel and launching him into the catch fence. Blonde's car had to be extricated from the fence and for the second night in a row, the fence had to be repaired under an extended red flag. It was a tough break for Blonde who looked like the man to beat after winning Friday night's preliminary event.
Swindell would inherit the lead back when action resumed and it was Greg Wilson who was now charging to the front. Wilson then tangled with Tyler Thompson and Thompson spun bringing out the caution once again. They would line for the restart with Swindell leading over Jan Howard, AJ Bruns, Phillip Faulkner, and Ernie Ainsworth. The field finally settled into a rhythm and were able to run off the rest of the event without incident.
Jeff Swindell pulled out to a comfortable lead and would navigate traffic like the true veteran of the sport that he is to take the checkers on lap 40 over Dale Howard, AJ Bruns, Paul May, and Greg Wilson. Swindell pocketed $5,000 for the win and did his patented wing dance in victory lane.
Danny Smith was able to move back up to 7th place when the final flag dropped, cutting down the points margin Wilson would have gained had he not been able to repair the car under the earlier red flag. The points race is tightening up between these two drivers and should come down to the wire to determine the 2007 All Star champion. For more information visit www.allstarsprint.com
Riverside International Speedway - 8-18-07 - O'Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions Statistical Report
Huggins Cams Qualifying
1. 5B-Chad Blonde, 12.295; 2. 51-Tim Montgomery, 12.308; 3. 20-Josh Howard, 12.732; 4. 12-Jeff Swindell, 12.835; 5. 4X-Jan Howard, 12.928; 6. 9-Gary Wright, 12.941; 7. 5W-Tiffany Wyzard, 13.036; 8. 28-Brian Paulus, 13.069; 9. 35-Phillip Faulkner, 13.080; 10. 47-Dale Howard, 13.161; 11. 4-Danny Smith, 13.196; 12. 78-Henry Gustavus, 13.236; 13. 15-Brad Bowden, 13.247; 14. 31-Tim Scites, 13.258; 15. 44-AJ Bruns, 13.314; 16. 11M-Brandon Martin, 13.349; 17. 11T-Tyler Thompson, 13.440; 18. 28K-Jason Keith, 13.460; 19. 51S-Lee Sowell, 13.561; 20. 74-Shane Wade, 13.543; 21. 11B-Brock Mayes, 13.750; 22. 71M-Paul May, 13.764; 23. 8X-Chris Williams, 13.777; 24. W20-Greg Wilson, 13.833; 25. 40-Ernie Ainsworth, 13.959; 26. 44H-Ronnie Howard, 14.512; 27. 24W-Kenny Coke, 14.549;
Outerwears Heat Race 1
1. 12-Jeff Swindell; 2. 15-Brad Bowden; 3. 5B-Chad Blonde; 4. 47-Dale Howard; 5. 11M-Brandon Martin; 6. 5W-Tiffany Wyzard; 7. 71M-Paul May; 8. 51S-Lee Sowell; 9. 40-Ernie Ainsworth;
Hoosier Racing Tire Heat Race 2
1. 31-Tim Scites; 2. 4-Danny Smith; 3. 28-Brian Paulus; 4. 11T-Tyler Thompson; 5. 8X-Chris Williams; 6. 44H-Ronnie Howard; 7. 4X-Jan Howard; 8. 74-Shane Wade; 9. 51-Tim Montgomery;
Engler Machine & Tool Heat Race 3
1. 44-AJ Bruns; 2. 28K-Jason Keith; 3. 78-Henry Gustavus; 4. 20-Josh Howard; 5. 9-Gary Wright; 6. 35-Phillip Faulkner; 7. W20-Greg Wilson; 8. 11B-Brock Mayes; 9. 24W-Kenny Coke;
MSD Ignition A-main -- Starting Position [#]
1. 12-Jeff Swindell; 2. 47-Dale Howard; 3. 44-AJ Bruns; 4. 71M-Paul May; 5. W20-Greg Wilson; 6. 78-Henry Gustavus; 7. 4-Danny Smith; 8. 11B-Brock Mayes; 9. 51S-Lee Sowell; 10. 35-Phillip Faulkner; 11. 40-Ernie Ainsworth; 12. 44H-Ronnie Howard; 13. 28K-Jason Keith; 14. 24W-Kenny Coke; 15. 11M-Brandon Martin; 16. 8X-Chris Williams; 17. 5W-Tiffany Wyzard; 18. 15-Brad Bowden; 19. 11T-Tyler Thompson; 20. 4X-Jan Howard; 21. 5B-Chad Blonde; 22. 20-Josh Howard; 23. 9-Gary Wright; 24. 28-Brian Paulus; 25. 31-Tim Scites; 26. 74-Shane Wade;