TALL COOL ONE SHOOTS DOWN APOLLO ROCKET ZANESVILLE, OH (6-27-06) Ohio Sprint Speedweek took a dip into Southeastern Ohio on Night ...
TALL COOL ONE SHOOTS DOWN APOLLO ROCKET
ZANESVILLE, OH (6-27-06) Ohio Sprint Speedweek took a dip into Southeastern Ohio on Night #3 to Muskingum County Speedway in Zanesville. 38 cars signed into the pits to take part in the original Speedweek started in Ohio in 1983. After an unfortunate cancellation of Night #2 at Wayne County Speedway due to a power outage from severe storms, the drivers were itching to get back to the intense action of Speedweek and the fans filled the stands to watch it all unfold.
Dale Blaney started off the evening by setting a new track record in Huggins Cams Qualifying, shattering the old mark set by Joey Saldana in 1999. The George Fisher owned #2 was fast right out of the gate. It was a sign of things to come.
Ed Lynch Jr. looked to be unbeatable for 38 laps, but The Tall Cool One chased down the Apollo Rocket in lapped traffic like a heat seeking missile as the fans were kept on the edge of their seats throughout the A-main. Blaney put on a show for them as he came from his starting position outside of row 3 to take the checkered flag in the 40 lap event.
The A-main action started off fast and furious between Rob Chaney and Ed Lynch Jr. as Chaney jumped out to the early lead. Lynch chased him down on the bottom side and the Apollo Rocket shot into the lead on lap 3. A caution for a spinning Nick Naber slowed the action on lap 3.
On the ensuing restart, second place Chaney spun and collected the 5b of Chad Blonde bringing out the second caution of the event. Blonde left on the hook with just 3 laps in the books.
Ed Lynch Jr. led the charge on the restart with heavy action behind him between Brian Paulus, Brock Mayes, Kevin Huntley, and Paul McMahan who spun on lap 10 and was not able to continue.
Lynch then showed Mayes the way to lap 20 through lapped traffic with Blaney and Paulus battling for 3rd. Blaney, who started 6th, chased down Mayes and challenged for 2nd as the Apollo Rocket pulled away from the pack.
Blaney chased down Lynch in lapped traffic while Mayes and Wilson battled for 3rd with 5 laps to go. Blaney caught Lynch as they traded the lead back and forth. With two laps to go Blaney took the lead for good and pulled away from Lynch to go on to his first victory of the season.
Rounding out the Top 5 were Lynch, Mayes, Wilson, and Paulus.
Huntley won the University of Northwest Ohio B-main, followed by Nick Naber, Todd Kane, and Brandon Martin who all transferred to the A-main.
McMahan won the Haulmark Dash in the Tony Stewart owned Bass Pro Shops #20 machine. McMahan was followed by Blaney, Chaney, Mayes, Greg Wilson, and Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
Next up for the All Stars is Wednesday June 28th at Sharon Speedway in Hartford, OH and then on June 29th at Fremont, June 30th at Limaland, and July 1st at Eldora.
Visit the All Star web site at www.allstarsprint.com for series info and the 2006 Merchandise Online Store. More items are being added this week including new hats and ladies apparel, the All Stars vs. the Outlaws Showdown shirts and the 2006 Ohio Speedweek shirts.
All Stars - Statistical Report -- Muskingum County Speedway - 6-27-06
Qualifying - Huggins Cams
1. 2-Dale Blaney, 12.899; 2. 20-Paul McMahan, 13.137; 3. 11b-Brock Mayes, 13.208; 4. 2L-Ed Lynch Jr., 13.216; 5. 10c-Rob Chaney, 13.262; 6. 28-Brian Paulus, 13.267; 7. 40R-Ricky Stenhouse Jr., 13.328; 8. w20-Greg Wilson, 13.333; 9. 2h-Tim Hunter, 13.396; 10. 5b-Chad Blonde, 13.400; 11. 0-Brandon Wimmer, 13.406; 12. 4k-Kelly Kinser, 13.423; 13. K-Andrew Palker, 13.471; 14. 70-Kevin Huntley, 13.473; 15. 71m-Paul May, 13.492; 16. 6n-Nick Naber, 13.540; 17. 14-Jason Meyers, 13.562; 18. 35-Ron Blair, 13.632; 19. 8s-Craig Mintz, 13.648; 20. 15m-Jamie Martin, 13.667; 21. 63-Barry Ruble, 13.686; 22. 4n-Neil Shepherd, 13.696; 23. 84-Jimmy Stinson, 13.737; 24. 18-Scott Reilly, 13.809; 25. 4-Danny Smith, 13.840; 26. 10-David Harrison, 13.842; 27. 1b-Keith Baxter, 13.917; 28. 8c-Bobby Clark, 13.950; 29. 78-Todd Kane, 13.951; 30. 22B-Ben Gregg, 14.057; 31. 11m-Brandon Martin, 14.110; 32. 91-Aaron Middaugh, 14.114; 33. 97-Todd King, 14.122; 34. 22w-Chuck Waddell, 14.179; 35. 12m-James Mosher, 14.700; 36. 4C-Paul Kish, 15.008; 37. 45X-Alex Bliesner, 15.107; 38. 29-Dean Jacobs, no time;
Heat 1 - Outerwears Pre-filters
1. 14-Jason Meyers; 2. 2-Dale Blaney; 3. 2H-Tim Hunter; 4. 10C-Rob Chaney; 5. 4-Danny Smith; 6. 78-Todd Kane; 7. 97-Todd King; 8. 63-Barry Ruble; 9. 45X-Alex Bliesner; 10. K-Andrew Palker;
Heat 2 - B&B Oval Track Products
1. 5B-Chad Blonde; 2. 35-Ron Blair; 3. 20-Paul Mcmahan; 4. 4N-Neil Shepherd; 5. 28-Brian Paulus; 6. 70-Kevin Huntley; 7. 22B-Ben Gregg; 8. 22W-Chuck Waddell; 9. 10-David Harrison;
Heat 3 - Engler Machine & Tool
1. 71M-Paul May; 2. 40R-Ricky Stenhouse Jr.; 3. 8S-Craig Mintz; 4. 84-Jimmy Stinson; 5. 11B-Brock Mayes; 6. 1B-Keith Baxter; 7. 12M-James Mosher; 8. 11M-Brandon Martin; 9. 0-Brandon Wimmer;
Heat 4 - TP Wings
1. 15M-Jamie Martin; 2. 4K-Kelly Kinser; 3. 2L-Ed Lynch Jr.; 4. W20-Greg Wilson; 5. 8C-Bobby Clark; 6. 6N-Nick Naber; 7. 91-Aaron Middaugh; 8. 4C-Paul Kish; 9. 18-Scott Reilly;
Dash - Haulmark
1. 20-Paul Mcmahan; 2. 2-Dale Blaney; 3. 10C-Rob Chaney; 4. 11B-Brock Mayes; 5. W20-Greg Wilson; 6. 40R-Ricky Stenhouse Jr.;
B-main - University of Northwest Ohio
1. 70-Kevin Huntley; 2. 6N-Nick Naber; 3. 78-Todd Kane; 4. 11M-Brandon Martin; 5. 18-Scott Reilly; 6. 1B-Keith Baxter; 7. 0-Brandon Wimmer; 8. 63-Barry Ruble; 9. 4C-Paul Kish; 10. 22B-Ben Gregg; 11. 12M-James Mosher; 12. 22W-Chuck Waddell; 13. K-Andrew Palker; 14. 45X-Alex Bliesner; 15. 97-Todd King; 16. 91-Aaron Middaugh; 17. 10-David Harrison;
A-main - MSD Ignition Starting Position 
1. 2-Dale Blaney; 2. 2L-Ed Lynch Jr.; 3. 11b-Brock Mayes; 4. w20-Greg Wilson; 5. 28-Brian Paulus; 6. 71m-Paul May; 7. 70-Kevin Huntley; 8. 4k-Kelly Kinser; 9. 8c-Bobby Clark; 10. 40R-Ricky Stenhouse Jr.; 11. 14-Jason Meyers; 12. 11m-Brandon Martin; 13. 84-Jimmy Stinson; 14. 4-Danny Smith; 15. 2h-Tim Hunter; 16. 4n-Neil Shepherd; 17. 35-Ron Blair; 18. 78-Todd Kane; 19. 15m-Jamie Martin; 20. 8s-Craig Mintz; 21. 20-Paul Mcmahan; 22. 10c-Rob Chaney; 23. 5b-Chad Blonde; 24. 6n-Nick Naber;