Team CENTRIX Announces 2005 BAJA 1000 Five-car Line Up Championship racers, Hollywood actor round out star-studded team Centennial, CO -- November 13, 2005 -- On November 18 at Mexico's Baja Peninsula, more than 300 racers will have 30...
Team CENTRIX Announces 2005 BAJA 1000 Five-car Line Up
Championship racers, Hollywood actor round out star-studded team
Centennial, CO -- November 13, 2005 -- On November 18 at Mexico's Baja Peninsula, more than 300 racers will have 30 hours to complete the 709 mile course through some of the region's roughest terrain. At least 30 U.S. states and 10 countries will be represented in the biggest Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 since the mid-1980s.J Today CENTRIX Financial, a nationwide leader in the auto finance industry, announced its Team CENTRIX line-up for the 2005 Baja 1000 race. CENTRIX will be returning to the Baja 1000 for the fourth consecutive year and will sponsor the CENTRIX Financial Wide Open Baja Challenge Class. Team CENTRIX will field five cars in the Baja Challenge Class, which is a unique Pro-Am race pitting professional drivers, media, celebrities and adventure seekers against each other in identical cars.
"This is an event that I look forward to every year," said Robert E. Sutton, chairman and chief executive officer of CENTRIX Financial. "It is extremely challenging, and it represents the essence of how we work at CENTRIX. It requires perseverance, teamwork and a will to win to make it to the finish line.
Team CENTRIX is known for bringing together a cast of characters including Hollywood actors, championship racer--even whole families--and this year is no exception. Sutton, whose 2004 team included Paul Newman, will be joined by his daughter, Kate, and his son, David. This year, Grey's Anatomy star Patrick Dempsey will team up with NASCAR Nextel Cup driver Boris Said and Champ Car's Oriol Servia in an attempt to knock off the returning Baja Challenge Class winning Jourdain family.
"I am proud of the competitors we have lined-up to represent Team CENTRIX, and I am hopeful that Team CENTRIX can bring home the win like we have for the last three years," continued Sutton.
2005 Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 Team CENTRIX Entries:
* Boris Said, NASCAR Nextel Cup series driver and road course expert
* Kate Sutton, Robert Sutton's daughter, founder and president of Birdie women's golf apparel
* Oriol Servia,Finished 2nd in the 2005 Champ Car World Series
* Patrick Dempsey, Star of ABC series "Grey's Anatomy"; competed in the 2005 Grand Prix of Long Beach Celebrity race
* Salvadore Servia, Oriol's father and two-time Spanish Rally Champion
* Rod Millen, World reknown rally driver and Pikes Peak Hill Climb record holder
* Mouse McCoy, 2005 Baja 500 Winner and star of documentary "Dust to Glory"
* Robert Sutton, chairman and chief executive officer of CENTRIX Financial
* Sebastien Bourdais,r004 and 2005 Champ Car World Series Champion
* Wally Fisk, Wide Open Baja, seasoned Baja competitor
* Glen Plake, 2-Time World Champion Hot Dog Skier
* Jim Galbreath, Denver investment manager, SCCA and motocross racer
* Michel Jourdain Jr., Former open-wheel driver and 2005 NASCAR Busch Series driver
* Michel Jourdain Sr., Competed in the 1980 and 1981 Mexico City Champ Car races
* Bernard Jourdain, 1989 Indy 500 co-rookie of the year
* David Sutton, Robert Sutton's son and seasoned Baja racer
* Rhys Millen, Formula D drifting champion and Hollywood stunt car driver
* Ryan Millen, Rod Millen's son and emerging open-wheel racer
About CENTRIX Financial, LLC
CENTRIX Financial, founded in 1990, is a financial services firm that develops and manages products and investment strategies focused on the auto finance industry. With agreements with nearly 7,000 auto dealers and 300 financial institutions, CENTRIX has underwritten 250,000 loans totaling more than $4 billion since 1998. CENTRIX's current motorsports marketing programs include its position as the Official Auto Finance Company of NASCAR.