Start Order & Late Breaking News: SCCA ProRally Championship - Maine Forest SUNDAY RIVER/RUMFORD, Maine A season high record of 96 cars are entered in the Maine Forest Rally, Round ...
Start Order & Late Breaking News:
SCCA ProRally Championship - Maine Forest
SUNDAY RIVER/RUMFORD, Maine A season high record of 96 cars are entered in the Maine Forest Rally, Round #7 of the 2002 ProRally Championship. All three Overall Championship Manufacturers (Hyundai, Subaru and Mitsubishi) are represented along with both of the Group 2 Manufacturers (Mazda and Mitsubishi). The two-day event will be held on privately owned lumber roads of the MeadWestvaco Paper Company, International Paper Company and Seven Islands Land Company in Western Maine, near the New Hampshire border. The Rally starts Friday afternoon, 26 July at 2:00 PM EST from downtown Rumford at the thrilling Mexico Recreation Park Spectator Stage, then promptly moves North into the breathtaking Maine woods.
Late Breaking News (driver/co-driver):
* Weather & Start Order: Much like last year's drought conditions, Maine is still very dry, and therefore first car on the road will remain a highly coveted position. Since last year, however, SCCA ProRally rules have been adjusted to help diminish that advantage somewhat, with all eight top-seeded drivers getting a 2-minute start window. In addition, the traditional Maine Forest stage-one reseeding has been eliminated by the SCCA ProRally Series Manager, Dan Coughnour, which may help curb some of the banzai driving seen last year on the very short ½ mile special stage as the top drivers fought for a dust-free restart position.
* At tonight's start-order draw, Canadian champion Tom McGeer drew top honors, hopefully a good omen after his disappointing DNF last year on stage 2.
* Jonny Milner, one of the UK's top ranked national drivers will be making his US rallying debut this weekend in one of Subaru Rally Team USA's backup cars. Milner, who regularly drives a Toyota Corolla WRC car in the UK, (winning the Rally of Wales in May) most recently won at the Swansea Bay National Rally driving a Hyundai WRC. Milner had some engine problems in testing earlier this week, but US Prodrive Motorsport Manager Ed Bentley made it clear that the car was completely sorted by this afternoon.
* More British Invasion: US Group N regular Craig Peeper is swapping co-driver's for Maine. With his regular navigator Ian Bevan away with other rally commitments, Peeper selected a top-drawer replacement in Andrew Dugdale, who is fresh from a win at the Malcolm Wilson Rally in the UK.
* This afternoon's shakedown stage brought out a large number of entries, both for testing purposes, and also to give teams still new to stage notes a chance to try them out at speed before the rally begins tomorrow afternoon. Looking impressive at shakedown were a very confident Mark Higgins and Michael Gibson in the Hyundai Tiburon, Gibson remarking that the car was feeling very solid.
* SCCA ProRally: www.sccaprorally.org/
* SCCA Maine Forest ProRally: www.maineforestrally.com
Information regarding the start order list:
Car # number on vehicle. Car # under 200 are ProRally entries. Car # over 200 are generally ClubRally (regional) entrants. Class Open, FIA Group N - fastest; are cars with considerable modifications; P (Production) - slowest; are cars very near to showroom stock configuration. G5 - two wheel drive high HP cars; G2 - two wheel drive normally aspirated cars; PGT - high horsepower all-wheel-drive production (stock) cars.
<pre> Maine Forest - SCCA ProRally Championship Round #7 26-27 July, 2002
Top 50 Start Order -subject to revision (complete start list available to view at www.maineforestrally.com)
St # Seed Class Driver Country Co-Driver Country Car 1 17 0 Open Tom McGeer CAN Mark Williams USA 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 2 5 0 Open Mark Higgins UK Michael Gibson UK 03 Hyundai Tiburon 3 16 0 Open David Higgins UK Daniel Barritt UK 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 4 6 0 Open Paul Choiniere USA Jeff Becker USA 03 Hyundai Tiburon 5 25 0 Open Seamus Burke USA Rory Kennedy IRL 02 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII 6 1 0 Open Mark Lovell UK Steve Turvey UK 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 7 15 0 Open Jonny Milner UK Duncan McMath UK 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 8 87 0 Open Frank Sprongl CAN Dan Sprongl CAN 93 Ford Escort Cosworth 9 3 1 Open Rhys Millen USA Garry Cowan NZ 02 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII 10 2 1 Open Ramana Lagemann USA Michael Kidd UK 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 11 110 1 Open Mark Nelson USA Charles Bradley USA 02 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII 12 52 1 Open Doug Shepherd USA Pete Gladysz USA 94 Mitsubishi Eclipse 13 39 1 Open Carl Jardevall USA Amity Trowbridge USA 97 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV 14 107 1 Open Tim Paterson USA John Allen USA 97 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV 15 761 1 Open Jon Nichols CAN Dave Shindle USA 98 Subaru Impreza WRX 16 80 1 Open Jon Kemp USA Rod Hendricksen USA 89 Audi Quattro 4000 17 41 2 Open John Drislane USA Ronan Burke USA 00 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI 18 22 1 GN Ralph Kosmides USA Jimmy Brandt USA 99 Subaru Impreza WRX 19 30 2 Open George Plsek USA Joshua Bressem USA 00 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI 20 925 2 Open Sakis Hadjiminas USA Jose Vicente USA 88 VW Fox 21 29 2 GN Tim O'Neil USA Martin Headland CAN 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 22 83 2 GN Mark Utecht USA Jeff Secor USA 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 23 971 2 GN Brendan Cunningham USA Paul McClean USA 97 Subaru Impreza 24 857 2 GN Peter Thomson CAN 02 Subaru Impeza WRX 25 119 2 GN Peter Malaszuk USA Darek Szerejko USA 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 26 62 2 G5 Chris Havas USA Dave Kean USA 00 VW Golf 27 914 3 Open Noel Nash USA 97 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV 28 891 3 Open Randy Zimmer USA Russell Strate USA 93 Subaru Impreza 29 88 3 Open Doug Havir USA Scott Putnam USA 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 30 64 3 Open Sylvester Stepniewski USA Adam Pelc USA 87 Audi Quattro 4000 31 185 3 Open Jon Bogert USA Daphne Bogert USA 88 Toyota Celica All-Trac 32 928 3 Open Dean Fry USA Greg Usavage USA 90 Subaru Legacy 33 937 3 Open Patrick Farrell USA Bob Kelly IRL 00 Subaru Impreza 34 957 3 GN Malachy Crawford USA Mark McAllister USA 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 35 103 3 GN Wyeth Gubelmann USA Therin Pace USA 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 36 94 3 GN Craig Peeper USA Andrew Dugdale UK 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 37 124 3 GN Peter Workum USA Alex Gelsomino USA 97 Subaru Impreza 38 45 3 GN Shane Mitchell USA Paul Donnelly USA 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 39 992 3 PGT Bruce Perry USA Adrian Wintle CAN 90 Eagle Talon 40 27 3 PGT Greg Healey USA John MacLeod USA 97 Subaru Impreza 41 851 3 PGT Julien Pilon CAN Marie-Eve Pilon CAN 02 Subaru Impreza WRX 42 755 3 PGT Eoin McGeough USA Jason Gillespie USA 92 Eagle Talon 43 166 3 G5 John Daubenmier USA Stanley Rosen USA 88 Chevy S-10 44 90 3 G2 Lauchlin O'Sullivan USA Matt Chester USA 02 Mitsubishi Lancer RMR 45 42 3 G2 Eric Burmeister USA Cindy Krolikowski USA 01 Mazda Protege MP3 46 947 3 G2 William Bacon USA Peter Watt USA 97 Acura Integra 47 954 3 G2 Michael White USA Chris Morand USA 84 SAAB 99 48 266 3 G2 Scott Fuller USA Jeff Call USA 96 VW Golf 49 885 3 Prod Ted Mendham USA Lise Mendham USA 91 Nissan Sentra SER 50 79 3 Prod Jeff Field USA Dave Weiman USA 00 Toyota Celica
The SCCA ProRally Championship is presented by Hyundai, Mitsubishi and Subaru, and is televised in North America on SpeedChannel. Time and date listing information available at www.speedtv.com
The SCCA name and logo is a registered trademark of the Sports Car Club of America, Inc. ProRally, ClubRally and RallyCross are service marks of the SCCA.
-scca pro rally-