BFGoodrich® Tires Named 'Official Street Tire' of SCCA, Presenting Partner of Multi-Event 'Super Tour'
BFGoodrich Tires Joins Renowned Racing Organization With Racing, Membership, Special Programs
GREENVILLE, S.C. (Jan. 20, 2011) - BFGoodrich® Tires takes the green flag as 2011 begins with a multi-faceted partnership with Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), the premier amateur racing organization in the U.S. With this partnership, BFGoodrich Tires is named the "Official Street Tire" of the SCCA and is presenting the prestigious multi-race "Super Tour." BFGoodrich Tires and SCCA are also developing special programs including prizes for workers, a racer contingency program and street-tire programs, as well as providing engineering and marketing support for all of the company's products.
"The passion of SCCA members and BFGoodrich Tires is one and the same - to have the most fun on four tires as possible while increasing a car's performance on the track and street," said Duane Thomas, marketing communications manager, BFGoodrich Tires. "Our multi-year partnership with SCCA encompasses the people, the cars and the events that allow enthusiasts to do what they do best with the guidance of the most historic and accomplished organization appealing to all car enthusiasts out there."
BFGoodrich Tires has a long history in SCCA competition, from the Radial T/A®-equipped Trans-Am "Tire Birds" in the 1970s to the 2010 Touring 3 national championship-winning Honda of Chad Gilsinger on BFGoodrich g-Force™ R1™ tires.
The BFGoodrich Tires / SCCA partnership includes:
* A BFGoodrich Tires benefit program for SCCA members.
* The creation of the BFGoodrich Tires SCCA Super Tour.
* Honoring the volunteers that put on SCCA events as the sponsor of the BFGoodrich Tires Worker of the Year awards, including free sets of tires and other prizes to recipients.
* Special SCCA racer contingency programs.
* Displays, engineering and sales support at a variety of SCCA events.
* SCCA certification of select BFGoodrich Tires retailers.
"SCCA and BFGoodrich Tires have a long history together and we are very pleased to be working with them on a comprehensive program," said Jeff Dahnert, president and CEO, SCCA. "BFGoodrich's reputation for quality and performance is exactly what our members look for in automotive products. This new arrangement will benefit both organizations and especially our members as we work together to grow our programs."
The BFGoodrich Tires SCCA Super Tour
The BFGoodrich Tires SCCA Super Tour brings some of the feel and prestige of the SCCA National Championship Runoffs to key events across the country. As part of the Super Tour, SCCA and BFGoodrich Tires will embark on a number of marketing, promotional and ceremonial initiatives to elevate the stature of the events, making them the "can't miss" event of the season in their respective SCCA geographic division. The Super Tour will consist of six events in 2011, expanding to nine in 2012 - one in each SCCA division.
"With the support of BFGoodrich Tires, we are able to create something that has been missing within the Club Racing program - a defined top-level collection of events not unlike the Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Tour," said Dahnert. "We're now able to provide many of the professional components found at the Runoffs, such as victory circle celebrations, live timing and scoring, lap notes, special victory lap celebrations, door prizes, parties and more - at some of the top venues across the country."
The inaugural BFGoodrich Tires SCCA Super Tour season will consist of the following events:
* March 6 - Southwest Super Tour, Texas World Speedway (Lone Star Region)
* April 13 - Midwest Super Tour, Hallett Raceway (Arkansas Valley Race Group)
* April 17 - Southeast Super Tour, VIRginia International Raceway (North Carolina Region)
* May 1 - Sopac Super Tour, Buttonwillow Raceway Park (Cal Club Region)
* June 12 - Great Lakes Super Tour, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Ohio Valley Region)
* July 3 - Rocky Mountain Super Tour, High Plains Raceway (Colorado Region)
Top points scorers will receive a special prize package from BFGoodrich Tires.