Jason White and Matt Close continue to be locked in a tight battle for GT2 honours at Targa Tasmania.
The final stage was a crucial one for five-time winner White, the Dodge Viper driver turning a tw0-second advantage heading into the 20-kay test into a 10s advantage at the close of play.
“The changes we made to the suspension and wheel alignment last night made the car awesome today,” White said.
“If we had that set-up from the start of the event we wouldn’t have been concerned about tyre wear at all. We’re very confident now the tyres will make the distance, no worries at all.
“Now that we’ve sorted out tyre concerns we can push a bit harder and try to extend our lead.”
Peter Ullrich continues to lead to Classic Handicap, while Steve Glenney stretched his advantage to over a minute in the Four-Wheel-Drive class.
Class Standings – Day 4
Wrest Point GT2
1. Jason White/John White, 2016 Dodge Viper ACR Extreme
2. Matt Close/Cameron Reeves, 2015 Porsche GT3, +10s
3. Michael Pritchard/Gary Mourant, 2016 Dodge Viper ACR, +6m30s
1. Peter Ullrich/Sari Ullrich, 1963 Jensen CV8
2. Leigh Achterberg/Greg Fitzgerald, 1982 Porsche 944, + 1m03s
3. Paul Freestone/Christine Freestone, 1960 Aston Martin DB4, +2m55s
Country Club GT4
1. Steve Glenney/Tim Kulhanek, 2008 Subaru STi
2. Tony Quinn/Naomi Tillett, 2014 Lamborghini Huracan, +1m11s
3. Ben Manion/Aleshia Penney, 2010 Subaru WRX STi Spec C, +1m15s
Shannons Classic GT
1. Jon Siddins/Gina Siddins, 1970 Datsun 240Z,
2. Keith Callinan/Mary Anne Callinan, 1977 Ford RS 1800, + 5m09s
2. Kim Barwick/Damien Grimwood, 1984 Holden VK Group C, +5m28s
Spirit of Tasmania and Duttons Garage Early Modern
1. Alan Roe/Michael Lloyd, 2000 Mitsubishi Evo 6.5RS
2. Andrew Bollom/Lee Challoner-Miles, 1995 Mazda RX-7, +4m29s
3. Mark Balcombe/Brian Foster, 1995 Mazda RX-7 SP, + 4m33s
RDA Brakes Modern
1. Brendan Winterbourn/Anthony Chudleigh, 2011 Mitsubishi Evolution X,
2. Chris Crowe/Gavin Smith, 2004 HSV Coupe 4, +1m45s
3. Gregory Burrowes/Rhonda Burrowes, 2009 Mitsubishi Evolution X, +2m45ss
1. Wayne Clark/Trevor Berriman, 1938 Dodge Speedster Special
2. Graham Copeland/Josh Herbert, 1936 Desoto Special, +1h41m22s
Budget GT Sports Trophy
1. Jeff Beable/Nerida Beable, 2000 Nissan Skyline GT-R N1
2. Jordan Bridge/Debbie Bridge, 2004 Subaru WRX STi, +5m25s
3. Martin Duursma/Richard Wodhams, 2013 Lotus Exige S V6, + 6m12s
Budget TSD Trophy
1. Brian Marshall/Justin Marshall, 2011 Volkswagen Polo GTI, 75pts
2. Gerard Knapp/Roger Campbell, 2005 Alfa Romeo GT, 79pts
3. Darryl Marshall/Andrew Marshall, 2002 Ford Falcon Ute Pursuit 250, 91pts