Bentley Motorsports is returning to North America in a partnership with Dyson Racing and will race GT3's in the Pirelli World Challenge.
As announced this afternoon at the 2014 New York International Auto Show, Bentley’s GT3 is coming to North American motorsports.
· Continental GT3 to compete in North America with Dyson Racing
· Development over 2014 in preparation for 2015 championship
Commentary from Dyson Racing Team Bentley:
· “Now that our European motorsport programme is up and running, securing a return to racing in our biggest market is the natural next step. It’s extremely exciting to be back here with a racecar, and I’m delighted to be working with the Dyson team. Their operation reflects and embodies so many Bentley values, and I’m very confident in their abilities. This venture is the next step in the Continental GT3 plan, which we hope will eventually see our customers racing in Bentleys all around the world.” Brian Gush, Head of Motorsports for Bentley.
· “I think it is a terrific opportunity to be working with people we haven’t worked with before, but who lead by their reputation. It will be good to be in a new series, joining a number of competitors that we have raced with before. We are honored to be part of the Bentley team and to be helping grow their sales in North America. It is great to be partnered with a prestigious marque that has had such a major impact in road racing since the turn of the century.” Rob Dyson, Team Principal for Dyson Racing
· “I couldn't be happier. It is an ideal program for us at this point in the team’s evolution and we are thrilled to be linking up with a motivated partner like Bentley in a series that is ascendant. I am thrilled to have our family of drivers back together again. Teammates do not come any more professional than Guy Smith and Butch Leitzinger and we have a great history of working together. Our team is up to the challenge and I am grateful for Bentley’s faith in us. We intend to do a superb job for them both on and off the track.” Chris Dyson, driver and Sporting Director for Dyson Racing
· "I am over the moon to be back in the Dyson racing family. It has been my home for the last nine years and to do so in the beautiful Bentley Continental GT3 is a dream come true. The most successful times in my career have been with Bentley winning Le Mans in 2003 and with Dyson Racing winning the American Le Mans Series championship in 2011. Both have played such a huge part in my career and I certainly feel very proud to represent both organizations. I'm looking forward to racing in the Pirelli World Challenge. It is a series that is quickly gaining in stature. All you have to do is take a look at an entry list to see the quality and quantity of cars on the grid and you know that it is a great place for Bentley to showcase the Continental GT3." Guy Smith, Driver for Dyson Racing
· “Two of the things that I am proudest of in my career have been my long-time association with Dyson Racing and the Dyson family, and my two years with Bentley at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2001 and 2002. To be able to come back with both of them is bringing together two very significant elements of my racing career in a fitting manner, and I am really looking forward to what we can accomplish together.” Butch Leitzinger, Driver for Dyson Racing
Bentley Motors Inc.