Tuesday Test Notes at Road Atlanta
- The Formula Ford Zetec Championship ran four half-hour session on Tuesday.
- The first session began at 9:45 a.m., with 23 cars taking to the demanding 2.5-mile road course.
- Run in overcast conditions, sporadic rain drops fell during the session.
- Joining the Zetec Championship at Road Atlanta was No. 8 Matthew DiRenzo, No. 20 Philip Klaar, No. 21 Marshall Aiken, No. 26 Robbie Pecorari and No. 34 Bobby Wilson.
- In the first session, No. 34 did a limited number of laps as he broke in a new gearbox.
- The second session commenced at 12:05 p.m., under the same conditions as the first session.
- Midway through the session, No. 8 pulled off in turn in the session, with a broken suspension, after hitting the curb.
- At the end of the session, the top-seven cars were all within a half-second, running similar times to the first session.
- Following the second session, the entire Zetec Championship break for a free lunch, compliments of Comprent Motorsports, GTP Motorsports, Front Range Motorsports and Quicksilver RacEngines.
- Prior to the third session at 3:20 p.m., No. 28 A. Pecorari replaced a broken gearbox cover, while No. 44 Smith changed gears.
- The final session of the day got underway at 5:40 p.m.
- Following a quick rain shower prior to the session, the track was damp, but quickly drying.
- Only eight cars elected to run, in the final session.
- All eight cars went out on rain tires.
- Early in the final session, testing was halted for No. 51 Hunt, who was off-course.
- All the cars elected not to go out after the stoppage.
- Qualifying for Race One of the season-finale doubleheader gets underway at 10:50 a.m., Wednesday, October 15, with qualifying for Race Two at 4:35 p.m.
Top-10 times from testing:
A. Pecorari 1:25.053
D. Prendeville 1:25.069
R. Pecorari 1:25.277