Pre-Qualifying Notes at Milwaukee - For the first time in series history their will not be a separate qualifying session for each race. The results from Race 1 on Friday will form the grid for Race 2 on Saturday. - No. 3 Sellers replaced the...
Pre-Qualifying Notes at Milwaukee
- For the first time in series history their will not be a separate qualifying session for each race. The results from Race 1 on Friday will form the grid for Race 2 on Saturday.
- No. 3 Sellers replaced the pilot bearing and clutch prior to the practice session.
- No. 24 McIntosh, who was quickest during testing, was changing gears after the morning practice session.
- In the practice session the top-six were all within 0.300 second and all but three cars were within 0.700 second.
- Three teams have previously won an oval race in the series: Cape Motorsports, Richard Morgan Racing and Roquin Motorsports.
- No. 14 Groom leads all active drivers with 13 career oval starts.
- No. 33 Dyer is the only active driver with an oval win, scored last weekend at Indianapolis Raceway Park.
- Thus far in 2002 Cape Motorsports has captured every pole position and led every lap.
- At the three events thus far in 2002, a new qualifying lap record has been set at two events, a new winner's speed record has been set twice and a new fastest race lap record has been set at all three events.
- Three Zetec Championship alumni are competing in the CART Toyota Atlantic Championship, Alexander Figge with World Speed Motorsports, Carl Russo with Performance & Development Racing and Alex Garcia with Transnet Racing.
nCurrent Zetec Championship Top-five Average Starting Position
Bryan Sellers 1.20
Jeffrey Jones 4.20
Tonis Kasemets 5.67
Tom Dyer 6.40
Anthony Massari 6.60
Current Zetec Championship Top-five Average Starting Position
Jeffrey Jones 3.00
Bryan Sellers 3.00
Tonis Kasemets 4.67
Mark Wilkins 6.00
Sean McIntosh 6.40