"We're the Pro-4 Champions. Anyone Who Wants to Take It From Us Has to Come Up Here and Knock Us Off" - Rob MacCachren ESPN2 5/01 CORR Round 15, Saturday September 22, Topeka, Kansas * Starting from the rear of the field, the MacCachren ...
"We're the Pro-4 Champions. Anyone Who Wants to Take It From Us Has to
Come Up Here and Knock Us Off"
- Rob MacCachren ESPN2 5/01
CORR Round 15, Saturday September 22, Topeka, Kansas
* Starting from the rear of the field, the MacCachren Motorsports #21 entry raced its way to 4th place within the first lap. With the race shortened to 10 minutes due to the threatening weather, the BFGoodrich Trailmaster Ford played tag with Curt LeDuc swapping 4th and 5th places with MacCachren ultimately taking 4th. MacCachren quickly passed 3rd place setting his sights on race leader Johnny Greaves. At the race's half-way point, MacCachren took advantage of Greave's wide turn around a corner, snuck past Greaves and continued on to win his 10th race of the season and his second consecutive CORR Pro-4 title. MacCachren has won 11 out 17 CORR events thus far this year.
CORR Round 16, Sunday September 23, Topeka, Kansas
* Again, the MacCachren Motorsports Precision Gear #21 entry was gridded in the rear. MacCachren worked his way up to 2nd place and quickly passed Johnny Greaves for the race lead. During a muddy battle, the BFGoodrich Trailmaster Ford swung wide around a corner allowing Greaves to take over the lead. Greaves and MacCachren ran 1-2 the remainder of the race until the final turn where MacCachren made a bold pass on Greaves winning CORR's final round of racing. Unfortunately, MacCachren was black flagged for the bold pass and eventually was awarded 2nd place. "Well, I suppose you can't win them all, but you sure can try. Johnny is a great competitor and I truly enjoyed racing with him all year." MacCachren summarized. "It's been a long season but we have had some great racing. Today's final round was probably one of the best races thus far. I have to thank all my sponsors for giving us the opportunity to be here and to be such a strong team. I would also like to thank my team for all their hard work, all the time away from home, all the long nights and late drives. I appreciate everyone's effort - it's nice to be rewarded with the Championship. It makes it all worthwhile!" Notes:
* The MacCachren/Fraley 1-2/1600 SCORE entry dominated all class competitors September 15th during the Primm 300. MacCachren currently leads the SCORE series overall by 11 points. The next SCORE race is the Baja 1000 in November.
* MacCachren wraps up an extremely busy month September 29 & 30 with the Best In the Desert Las Vegas to Reno race (MacCachren leads his class by 72 points). The SNORE 250 is scheduled September 29. The MacCachren/Fraley duo lead this series overall by 188 points.
CORR Championship Points - 16 of 16 Races
Position Driver Points 1 MacCachren 269 2 LeDuc 217 3 Greaves 205 4 Baldwin 200 5 Douglas 198