MacCachren Wins Season Opener in Fort Dodge Sunday's Event Postponed Due to Rain CORR Round 1, Saturday, May 19 * Again, for the first race of the season, the grid is set by the luck of the draw. The MacCachren Motorsports entry for the 2001...
MacCachren Wins Season Opener in Fort Dodge
Sunday's Event Postponed Due to Rain
CORR Round 1, Saturday, May 19
* Again, for the first race of the season, the grid is set by the luck of the draw. The MacCachren Motorsports entry for the 2001 CORR Season drew the third starting position for the straight line start. From the wave of the green flag, the Precision Gear BFGoodrich Trailmaster Ford F-150 set out on the mission of 2001 - to win a back-back CORR Championship! MacCachren quickly set the pace for the upcoming Summer by being quickest to the initial corner. After gaining the lead right out of the shoot, MacCachren was able to increase his lead to a half-lap and win the first round of the season placing him in the coveted first place position going into the second event of the year.
"What a way to start the season and thank all my sponsors for their commitment to my team for the 2001 season, " MacCachren commented. "BFGoodrich gave me a great choice of tire for this race, I can't say enough about the tires! I know it's definitely more difficult to keep that #1 plate but we are headed in the right direction!"
CORR Round 2, Sunday, May 20
* Round Two was cancelled due to heavy rains Saturday night and Sunday morning. Round Two will be re-scheduled for Saturday, July 28th when MacCachren Motorsports will re-visit Ft. Dodge and race two events on Saturday to make up for the missed event.
* ESPN2 will air the Fort Dodge Round One event on Saturday, June 15, 1:00pm-2:00pm, and Wednesday, June 20, 4:00am-5:00am.
* MacCachren Motorsports had the BFGoodrich in-car camera for Saturday's event.
* Next stop on the 2001 CORR Series schedule will find MacCachren Motorsports in Antigo, WI June 9 & 10
<pre> CORR Championship Points After 1 Rouns
Driver Position Points MacCachren 1 20