CORR Round 3, Saturday, June 9 * MacCachren started Round 3 in the 8th position for the inverted start. Antigo's track was extremely muddy due to heavy rains before the race. Slowly MacCachren was able to work his BFGoodrich Trailmaster Ford...
CORR Round 3, Saturday, June 9
* MacCachren started Round 3 in the 8th position for the inverted start. Antigo's track was extremely muddy due to heavy rains before the race. Slowly MacCachren was able to work his BFGoodrich Trailmaster Ford F-150 up through the field of trucks to run 2nd to Adrian Cenni who's left rear tire went flat causing him to spin. Although Cenni did not lose the lead after the spin, MacCachren took advantage of Cenni's lost tire and quickly passed Cenni for the lead - winning Round 3 and maintaining the points lead for the series title. "I have to give BFGoodrich credit for this one - it was muddy and slick but my tires made all the difference in the world! When you have such reliable tires, you can just go out there and get the job done," MacCachren quickly commented before racing off to get ready for Round 4.
CORR Round 4, Sunday, June 10
* In Fort Dodge, Round 2 was cancelled due to heavy rains. It began to look like Antigo might suffer the same result. There was no practice and quite a delay due to the heavy rains. After much deliberation, it was decided to go ahead and run Round 4. As expected, the track was muddy and slick.
MacCachren started inside the 4th row and was able to maneuver his Precision Gear Ford to 3rd place. MacCachren charged forward but was unable to gain much momentum due to the weight of the mud on his race vehicle. MacCachren finished the race in 3rd place behind Cenni and Scott Douglas. "This poor race truck must have weighed another 800 - 1,000 pounds due to all the mud on it and in it! It was like trying to driving an Army tank, uphill." MacCachren quickly stated.
* This weekend's events places MacCachren in the record books, one more time. MacCachren Motorsports has been in first place for 21 consecutive CORR races. MacCachren initiated this string of good fortune in Antigo, WI last year at the beginning of Tour 2000.
* ESPN2 will air the Antigo Round 3 event on Saturday, June 23, 5:00pm - 6:00pm, and Monday June 25, 4:00am - 5:00am. Antigo's Round 4 will air Sunday, July 1, 6:00 pm-7:00 pm and Monday, July 2, 5:00 am-6:00 am.
* ESPN2 will air the Ft Dodge Round 1 event on Saturday, June 15, 1:00pm - 2:00pm, and Wednesday, June 20, 4:00 am-5:00 am.
* MacCachren will take his team to Crandon, WI for a day of testing before he heads to Green Bay, WI to set up the team's race headquarters for the season.
Upcoming * Next stop on the 2001 CORR Series schedule is Crandon, WI June 23 & 24. <pre> Driver Position Points MacCachren 1 54 Cenni 2 46 LeDuc 3 42 Baldwin 4 38