* Del Worsham enters the 22nd annual O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Summer Nationals in 10th place in the NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car point standings. He trails ninth-place Tim Wilkerson by 27 points. * Worsham has been a solid qualifier this...
* Del Worsham enters the 22nd annual O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Summer Nationals in 10th place in the NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car point standings. He trails ninth-place Tim Wilkerson by 27 points.
* Worsham has been a solid qualifier this season. In the season's first eight races, he has qualified second, third, 14th, fifth, seventh, first, fifth and fifth respectively. Worsham's average qualifying position is 5.25.
* One year ago at Topeka, Worsham was the No. 13 qualifier; he defeated Mike Neff before losing to Tim Wilkerson in the second round of eliminations. Worsham has never won at Heartland Park Topeka.
* Worsham is still seeking his first win of the season; he won three races last year visiting victory circle in Madison, Ill., Bristol, Tenn. and Richmond, Va.
* Worsham has 25 wins in his Funny Car career; he is seventh on the NHRA's all-time Funny Car wins list trailing sixth place Cruz Pedregon by just one win.
Worsham prior to Topeka:
"This race is one that would be cool to win because I've never won in Topeka. For the last few races, we've been talking about making our Al-Anabi Racing Toyota consistent. We've shown that our car will perform at a high level, but we haven't been able to do it consistently. This past weekend in Atlanta, we took another small step by getting the Al-Anabi Funny Car down the track in three of the four qualifying runs. We stumbled in the first round of eliminations and lost the race, but we have to keep finding the positives in our performance. Like I've been saying, once we find consistency we can count on, we'll start winning rounds, and the race wins will follow."
-source: al-anabi racing