* Del Worsham enters the Fram-Autolite Nationals in ninth place in the NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car point standings. He trails eighth-place Bob Tasca by 26 points and leads 10th -place Tony Pedregon by 134. However, Worsham is closer to third...
* Del Worsham enters the Fram-Autolite Nationals in ninth place in the NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car point standings. He trails eighth-place Bob Tasca by 26 points and leads 10th -place Tony Pedregon by 134. However, Worsham is closer to third place than ninth place. He trails third-place Matt Hagan by 120 points.
* Worsham's Al-Anabi Toyota has recorded the fastest Funny Car speed of the event at each of the last three NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series races: Bristol, Tenn., 300.80 mph; Norwalk, Ohio, 313.15 mph and Seattle, 304.12 mph.
* Worsham has advanced to at least the semifinals in three of the last four races. He lost in the rain-delayed finals at Englishtown, N.J. Worsham is still seeking his first win of the season; he won three races last year visiting victory circle in Madison, Ill., Bristol, Tenn. and Richmond, Va.
* Worsham has been a solid qualifier this year. In the season's first 14 races, he has qualified in the top five eight times; his average qualifying position is 5.79. Last weekend in Seattle, Worsham was the No. 2 qualifier; he defeated Brian Thiel before losing to Matt Hagan in the second round of eliminations.
* One year ago at Infineon Raceway, Worsham was the No. 7 qualifier and lost to Tony Pedregon in the first round of eliminations. Worsham won at Infineon Raceway in 2001.
* Worsham has 25 wins in his Funny Car career; he is seventh on the NHRA's all-time Funny Car wins list trailing sixth place Cruz Pedregon by just one win.
Worsham prior to Infineon Raceway:
"Seattle was another solid outing for the Al-Anabi Toyota, so we have four in a row. We lost second round at Seattle, but we made great runs all weekend. In the three races before Seattle, we had two semifinals and a final so we have four good races in a row now. Our Al-Anabi car is a fast race car; we've had the top speed three straight races, and we are all happy with how the car continues to improve.
"We're three races from the Countdown, and we're doing our best to prepare the Al-Anabi team. We're not locked into the Countdown yet, but we feel confident we will be. We want to start peaking when the Countdown begins at Indianapolis so we have three more races to get our team where it needs to be. We're getting the point now where I feel confident about not just making the Countdown but making a run at the Full Throttle championship; the competition in Funny Car is so intense and close that we are in ninth place in points, but we're closer to third place than we are to 10th place. That's tight, but it means we can move up a lot in a hurry."
-source: al-anabi racing team