* Larry Dixon is second in the NHRA Full Throttle Top Fuel point standings; he is 116 points out of first place. Dixon has advanced to at least the semifinals in seven of the 13 races this season, including three of the last four. * Last weekend...
* Larry Dixon is second in the NHRA Full Throttle Top Fuel point standings; he is 116 points out of first place. Dixon has advanced to at least the semifinals in seven of the 13 races this season, including three of the last four.
* Last weekend in Denver, Dixon was the No. 4 qualifier; he defeated Steve Chrisman before losing to Spencer Massey in the second round of eliminations. Dixon has four wins this season visiting victory circle in Gainesville, Fla., Topeka, Kan., Englishtown, N.J. and Norwalk, Ohio.
* One year ago in Seattle, Dixon was the No. 6 qualifier and lost to Doug Herbert in the first round of eliminations. Dixon won the 2003 races at Pacific Raceways.
* Dixon won the NHRA Top Fuel championship in 2002 and '03. He is currently third on the NHRA's all-time Top Fuel winner's list with 47 victories. Joe Amato is in second place with 52 wins; Tony Schumacher tops the list with 59 wins. Dixon is in ninth place on the NHRA's all-time career victories list; he trails eighth-place Don Prudhomme by just two wins. Dixon was the 1995 NHRA Rookie of the Year.
Dixon prior to Seattle:
"Out of the four pairs of cars in the second round Denver, we would have won any other matchup when you consider reaction times and elapsed times, but we happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Our car did exactly what we thought it would do, but Spencer (Massey) made a great run. So you store that data in the computers and have it ready to go next year.
"Now it's on to Seattle, and I am looking forward to it. Our chassis are built by Brad Hadman up there, and it will be nice to see him. He always has an event for his customers so we are looking forward to seeing him this weekend.
"Jason, Alan and I have all won races in Seattle, but we've obviously never won there while on the same team, so it would be cool to win this weekend. We no longer have a shot to sweep the western swing, but we can still win two out of three so that's our goal."