NHRA SUMMIT RACING SERIES FINALS GET UNDER WAY IN SOUTH CENTRAL DIVISION ENNIS, Texas (Oct. 9, 2009) -- Although the day started out cold and rainy, once the storm passed it was time to race at the NHRA South Central Division Summit...
NHRA SUMMIT RACING SERIES FINALS GET UNDER WAY IN SOUTH CENTRAL DIVISION
ENNIS, Texas (Oct. 9, 2009) -- Although the day started out cold and rainy, once the storm passed it was time to race at the NHRA South Central Division Summit Racing Series Finals at Texas Motorplex. The top bracket racers in the division have converged on the track to vie for individual and team honors and a share of the purse worth nearly $30,000 as well as an opportunity to run for a national championship against the winners from NHRA's other six divisions at the NHRA Finals in Pomona, Calif., in November. The national champions in each of the four classes will get a winner-take-all $5,000 payday.
NHRA South Central Division Summit Racing Series Finals feature racers six categories -- Super Pro, Pro, No-Electronic Quick, No-Electronic Street and Motorcycle as well as a High School category. The winners in the top four categories will advance to compete in Pomona. (There will be a run-off between the winners in Super Pro and Pro to determine who will go to Pomona.)
Racers made time trial runs today and are slated for one more tomorrow before heading into eliminations. Round one is scheduled for Saturday and the rest will run on Sunday.
Saturday's action will also feature the Race of Champions, a race within a race where the top points earning drivers from each track square off in head-to-head competition.
For schedule and ticket information visit www.TexasMotorplex.com.
BELOW ARE TRACKS THAT PARTICIPATE IN THE SOUTH CENTRAL DIVISION SUMMIT RACING SERIES FINALS:
* Edinburgh Int'l Racetrack, Edinburgh, Texas
* Hobbs Motorsports Park, Hobbs, New Mexico
* Houston Motorsports Park, Houston, Texas
* Houston Raceway Park, Baytown, Texas
* Lubbock Dragway, Lubbock, Texas
* Memphis Motorsports Park, Memphis, Tennessee
* No Problem Raceway, Belle Rose, Louisiana
* North-Star Dragway, Denton, Texas
* Paris Dragstrip, Paris, Texas
* San Antonio Raceway, Marion, Texas
* Sooner Motorplex, Lawton, Oklahoma
* Texas Motorplex, Ennis, Texas
* Texas Raceway, Kennedale, Texas
* Thunder Valley Raceway Park, Noble, Oklahoma
* Twin City Dragway, Monroe, Louisiana
* Wichita Raceway Park, Wichita Falls, Texas