* Del Worsham enters the season's final race in seventh place in the NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car point standings; he trails sixth place by 54 points, and he is five points ahead of eighth place and 31 ahead of ninth place. Worsham is completing...
* Del Worsham enters the season's final race in seventh place in the NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car point standings; he trails sixth place by 54 points, and he is five points ahead of eighth place and 31 ahead of ninth place. Worsham is completing his first appearance in the Countdown to 1 NHRA Playoffs.
* Worsham has three wins this season; he visited victory circle in Madison, Ill., Bristol, Tenn. and Richmond, Va. One race ago in Las Vegas, Worsham was the No. 12 qualifier; he defeated Bob Tasca and Tony Pedregon before losing to Jack Beckman in the semifinals. He has a win and a semifinal appearance in his last two events.
* One year ago at Pomona's season-ending race, Worsham did not qualify for eliminations. Earlier this season at Pomona, he was the No. 2 qualifier; he defeated Bob Bode before losing to Gary Densham in the second round of eliminations; he won races at the Pomona track in 2003 and '01.
* Worsham has 25 wins in his Funny Car career; he is seventh on the NHRA's all-time Funny Car wins list trailing sixth place by just one win.
Worsham prior to Pomona:
"We had a pretty good outing in Las Vegas, and we won at Richmond so the season is ending pretty well. Pomona's a great race track, and it's a home race for me. It's always good to race in front of friends and family; you always want do to well when the people close to you are watching. If we can have another solid race this weekend -- maybe even put the Al-Anabi Racing Solara in winner's circle again - it'll give us a great head start on next year. Looking back, it's been a great year; we accomplished a lot in our first season, and we are already hungry for 2010."