Fast Facts on Warren Johnson's Phoenix Win The following are a few fast facts on Warren Johnson and the GM Performance Parts GTO Racing team's dramatic win in this past weekend's Checker Schuck's Kragen NHRA Nationals in Phoenix, AZ: *...
Fast Facts on Warren Johnson's Phoenix Win
The following are a few fast facts on Warren Johnson and the GM Performance Parts GTO Racing team's dramatic win in this past weekend's Checker Schuck's Kragen NHRA Nationals in Phoenix, AZ:
* This was the 96th NHRA national event win of Warren Johnson's career, which is the most in the history of Pro Stock, and second only to John Force for the most among all NHRA professional categories.
* This was Warren's third win at Firebird Raceway. WJ's previous wins in Arizona came in 1998 & 2001.
* This was WJ's first win of the year. He has now recorded at least one national event win in 24 of the last 25 years.
* This was Warren's first win in six career starts (out of a total of 446) from the 11th starting position. The only time he won from a lower starting spot came in 2003, when he won in Reading after qualifying 14th.
* This was Warren Johnson's 149th final round appearance, which is also the most in Pro Stock History. It was also his seventh final at Firebird Raceway.
* Warren's 207.08 mph top speed recorded in qualifying was the fastest speed recorded in Pro Stock during the weekend, marking the 140th time he has posted the top speed of the event in his career. This also reset the Firebird Raceway Pro Stock top speed track record.
* This was WJ's first win with his "young gun" crew, which includes Dain Schwan, 23, Adam Drzayich, 23 and Mike Smith, the senior member of the crew at 29.
* This was WJ's first win in a Pontiac GTO, which he first raced last August in Brainerd, MN. His most recent win prior to this weekend came in last year's Mile-High Nationals, in Denver, CO, when he was behind the wheel of his GM Performance Parts Grand Am.