MAPLE GROVE RACEWAY HOSTS TOP RACERS IN NHRA'S NORTHEAST DIVISION SUMMIT RACING SERIES READING, Pa. -- The top bracket racers from across NHRA's Northeast division have converged on Maple Grove Raceway for the division's Summit...
MAPLE GROVE RACEWAY HOSTS TOP RACERS IN NHRA'S NORTHEAST DIVISION SUMMIT RACING SERIES
READING, Pa. -- The top bracket racers from across NHRA's Northeast division have converged on Maple Grove Raceway for the division's Summit Racing Series Finals. Top points earning drivers in four categories, Super ET, Pro Eliminator, Street and Motorcycle/Snowmobile, from tracks across the region are vying for individual and team honors and a share of the cash purse worth more than $46,000. Racers in the High School Eliminator presented by Luzerne County Community College will also run in the event and compete for trophies.
Winners in the top four categories will have the right to compete for a national championship against the winners from NHRA's other six divisions during the NHRA Finals in Pomona, Calif. Every Summit Series racer who competes in Pomona receives an additional $3,500 and they will run for a winner-take-all $5,000 purse.
Running in conjunction with today's time trials was the Northeast Division King of the Track presented by Pontiac competition. Racers who earned the title of King of the Track at their home facilities ran off against each other today for the overall title and a share of the $10,000 purse. In the end, Dave Harvey, racing for Atco (N.J.) Raceway, earned the win over Tom Harhart who is racing for Numidia (Pa.) Raceway.
Tomorrow's action will feature more time trials as well as the division's Race of Champions, slated to begin at 4 p.m. The Race of Champions is a race within a race that pits the winningest drivers from each track in head-to-head competition. Participants in the High School Eliminator will have one time trial, at 8 p.m.
Racing continues Saturday morning at Maple Grove Raceway. High School Eliminator contestants will have a final time run at 8:30 a.m. and eliminations for all classes will follow.
Maple Grove Raceway is located 10 miles south of Reading off Route 10. From Pennsylvania Turnpike take exit 298 and go north on Route 10 for six miles. For more information call the track, (610) 856-9210, or visit www.MapleGroveRaceway.com.
Following are the tracks that compete in the NHRA Northeast division
Summit Racing Series:
- Atco Raceway; Atco, New Jersey
- Capitol Raceway; Crofton, Maryland
- Cecil County Dragway; Rising Sun, Maryland
- ESTA Safety Park; Cicero, New York
- Island Dragway; Great Meadows, New Jersey
- Lebanon Valley Dragway; West Lebanon, New York
- Maple Grove Raceway; Reading, Pennsylvania
- Mason-Dixon Dragway; Hagerstown, Maryland
- Napierville Dragway; Napierville, Quebec
- Numidia Raceway; Numidia, Pennsylvania
- Old Bridge Township Raceway Park; Englishtown, New Jersey
- Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way; Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
- Spencer Speedway; Williamson, New York
- U.S. 13 Dragway; Delmar, Delaware
- Virginia Motorsports Park; Petersburg, Virginia