Denver, CO - Recipe of the Race Team JEGS chef Nicky Morse -- brings his unique recipes to NHRA fans each race with a new installment of "Quarter-mile Cuisine." Morse takes readers step-by-step through many of his award-winning recipes, the ...
Denver, CO - Recipe of the Race
Team JEGS chef Nicky Morse -- brings his unique recipes to NHRA fans each race with a new installment of "Quarter-mile Cuisine." Morse takes readers step-by-step through many of his award-winning recipes, the same ones he's prepared for countless racers, movie stars, musicians, athletes, fellow celebrity chefs, and government dignitaries over his career. From the knee of his Italian grandmother, to exhaustive training at Ohio's top French restaurant, to stints as a culinary instructor at Ohio State University, Morse's knowledge of cooking is as varied as the recipes he offers.
This is a fun recipe! I am sure that you enjoy the flavors. It is a recipe that is simple, but looks elegant. It is a perfect appetizer by itself or it is great with a grilled meat such as rack of lamb.
Potato- Cheese Naploleon
(Makes 1 Serving)
1 Each Red Potato (Medium Size)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
To Taste Salt
To Taste Black Pepper (Fresh Ground)
1 Ounce Cream Cheese
1 Ounce Goat Cheese
1 Teaspoon Italian Parsley (Fresh / Chopped)
3 Slices Pancetta (Sliced Thin/ Browned in a non-stick skillet)
1 Teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar (Aged)
1 Sprig Italian Parsley (Fresh)
- Trim 2 opposite sides of the potato so that the potato sits flat-discard ends.
- Slice the potato into about 5 or 6 slices ¼ inch thick.
- Brush the potato slices with the oil.
- Season each slice with salt and pepper.
- Bake slices at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until brown; approximately 30 minutes.
- Mix the cheeses together until smooth; add chopped parsley and stir.
- Reserve 2 teaspoons of the cheese mix for the top potato slice.
- Put a little of the mix on the center of the plate under the first potato slice. This will help the stack from sliding around. Stack the potato slices on top of each other spreading the cheese mix between the potato slices.
- Put the 2 reserved teaspoons of cheese mix on the top
- Stick the slices of pancetta in the cheese mix on the top of the stack
- Pour the balsamic vinegar randomly on the plate around the stack
- Garnish with the parsley sprig.
-credit: team jegs