Sweet Oven Roasted Asparagus w/ Browned Breadcrumbs Dallas, TX Team JEGS chef Nicky Morse brings his unique recipes to NHRA fans each race with a new installment of "Quarter-mile Cuisine." Morse takes readers step-by-step through many of his ...
Sweet Oven Roasted Asparagus w/ Browned Breadcrumbs
Team JEGS chef Nicky Morse brings his unique recipes to NHRA fans each race with a new installment of "Quarter-mile Cuisine." Morse takes readers step-by-step through many of his award-winning recipes, the same ones he's prepared for countless racers, movie stars, musicians, athletes, fellow celebrity chefs, and government dignitaries during his career. From the knee of his Italian grandmother to exhaustive training at Ohio's top French restaurant, Morse's knowledge of cooking is as varied as the recipes he offers.
It is getting down to the end of the season. We have 20 more rounds before they crown the 2009 Full Throttle Drag Racing Series Champions. It has been a very exciting year so far. I know that the pressure is on. So, if you need to save your brain power for the track and you don't have much time to spend in the kitchen cooking, this is your recipe. This recipe is awesome. You are going to love the flavors, and it is simple.
Oven Roasted Asparagus with Browned Breadcrumbs
(Makes 3 Servings)
1/2 Pound Asparagus (Fresh- Cleaned / Trimmed)
1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1.5 Teaspoon Garlic (Fresh / Minced)
1 Tablespoon Butter (Melted)
1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs (Plain)
1.5 Tablespoons Parsley (Fresh- Sliced Thin)
To Taste Salt
To Taste Black Pepper (Fresh Ground)
2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar (Aged)
- Toss the asparagus with the oil and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the asparagus on a non-stick baking pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 30 minutes. (Be sure to turn them a couple times while they are cooking for even browning.) Also, the cooking time will depend on the size of the asparagus. The ones used in this recipe were a medium size.
- Put the butter, breadcrumbs, and parsley in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the breadcrumbs until they are golden brown.
- Arrange the asparagus on a plate and top with the browned breadcrumbs.
- Drizzle vinegar over asparagus.
-credit: team jegs