* With his first-round win last month at Denver, Del Worsham clinched a spot in the 2010 Countdown to 1 NHRA Playoffs. Worsham remains ninth in the NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car point standings. He leads 10th place Tony Pedregon by 164 points. He...
* With his first-round win last month at Denver, Del Worsham clinched a spot in the 2010 Countdown to 1 NHRA Playoffs. Worsham remains ninth in the NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car point standings. He leads 10th place Tony Pedregon by 164 points. He trails eighth-place Ashley Force Hood by 41 points.
* Worsham has advanced to at least the semifinals in three of the last six races. Worsham is still seeking his first win of the season; he won three races last year visiting victory circle in Madison, Ill., Bristol, Tenn. and Richmond, Va.
* Worsham has been a solid qualifier this year. In the season's first 16 races, he has qualified in the top five nine times; his average qualifying position is 5.63. Last month in Denver, Worsham was the No. 3 qualifier; he defeated Jeff Diehl before losing to Cruz Pedregon in the second round of eliminations.
* One year ago at Brainerd International Raceway, Worsham was the No. 8 qualifier; he defeated Jerry Toliver before losing to Jack Beckman in the second round of eliminations. Worsham has never won at Brainerd International Raceway.
* Worsham has 25 wins in his Funny Car career; he is seventh on the NHRA's all-time Funny Car wins list trailing sixth place Cruz Pedregon by just one win.
Worsham prior to Brainerd:
"The Al-Anabi Toyota team has clinched a spot on the Countdown (Countdown to 1 NHRA Playoffs), and I am really proud of everyone for making that happen. This team really started to turn it around back in June, and we've gone from wondering if we would make the Countdown to clinching a spot and knowing that we have a chance to make a run at a Full Throttle championship. Brainerd is the last race of the regular season; a win this weekend would be my first at Brainerd, a great end to the regular season and the perfect way to head into the Countdown. This race is our last tune-up for the Countdown so we want to make the most of it. The Al-Anabi Toyota team will be ready to go when we get to Brainerd this weekend."
-source: al-anabi racing