NASCAR GRAND NATIONAL DIVISION, WEST SERIES POST-RACE NOTES - STOCKTON 4TH ANNUAL STOCKTON DODGE, NAPA AUTO PARTS 200 by HAVOLINE * Two in a row for Duncan . Mike Duncan's (No. 9 Lucas Oil/Ron's Rear Ends Chevrolet) win in the Fourth Annual...
NASCAR GRAND NATIONAL DIVISION, WEST SERIES
POST-RACE NOTES - STOCKTON
4TH ANNUAL STOCKTON DODGE, NAPA AUTO PARTS 200 by HAVOLINE
* Two in a row for Duncan . Mike Duncan's (No. 9 Lucas Oil/Ron's Rear Ends Chevrolet) win in the Fourth Annual Stockton Dodge, NAPA Auto Parts 200 by Havoline at Stockton (Calif.) 99 Speedway on Saturday, Aug. 13, gave him two wins in a row. The defending series champion from Bakersfield, Calif., had visited victory lane at Monroe, Wash., on July 30. This marked Duncan's fifth career series win and his first back-to-back wins.
* Stockton speedster . Although Duncan has four Bud Pole Awards this season, Scott Lynch (No. 08 Stockton Dodge/Mr. Gas Dodge) won both Bud Poles at Stockton this year. His fast time in qualifying for this event was 62.999 mph.
* Career mark . Despite extensive damage to his car's rear fender, Daryl Harr (No. 71 WestWorld Motorsports Chevrolet) went on to finish fifth at Stockton - securing his first career top-five finish. His previous best finish was sixth at Stockton a year ago.
* Top 10 debut . Eric Humphries (No. 25 Red Line Oil/T.O.E. Ford) had a successful series debut at Stockton, with a seventh-place finish. Humphries competes in the NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series at Stockton, where he has two wins this season in the Western Late Model class.
* Another green-white-checkered finish at Stockton . A late-race caution led to this race being extended to 206 laps and a green-white-checkered finish. It marked the fourth such finish at Stockton in the past six series races there.
* Featherlite Most Improved . Steve Portenga (No. 16 NAPA Auto Parts/NAPA Belts & Hose Chevrolet) won the Featherlite Most Improved Driver Award at Stockton. After suffering mechanical trouble and finishing 18th at Monroe, he rebounded to finish fourth at Stockton. Featherlite presents the award at each event to the driver who improves the most finishing positions from the previous event.
* Another POWERade Power Move . Jack Sellers (No. 15 Aramark Pontiac) moved forward from 20th on the grid to finish 12th at Stockton to win the POWERade Power Move of the Race Award. At each Grand National Division event, POWERade presents the award to the driver who advances the most positions.
* Special appearances and pre-race entertainment . Fans at Stockton had plenty to cheer for both on and off the track. Legendary singer, songwriter, actor and television star Pat Boone made a special appearance and sang the national anthem and J-Henry performed prior to the start of the race. They were at the track as part of the NASCARregionalracing.com Emerging Artist Series.