WHAT: Rialto Conrete Products "125" Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 3 of 14 WHERE: Mesa Marin Raceway, Bakersfield, Calif. 1/2-Mile Paved WHEN: Saturday, April 6, 2002 -- 9:00 p.m. PST DISTANCE: 125 Laps/46.875 ...
WHAT: Rialto Conrete Products "125" Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 3 of 14
WHERE: Mesa Marin Raceway, Bakersfield, Calif. 1/2-Mile Paved
WHEN: Saturday, April 6, 2002 -- 9:00 p.m. PST
DISTANCE: 125 Laps/46.875 Miles
POSTED AWARDS: $37,720
FIELD: 30 cars possible. The fastest 24 cars through time trials with two provisional starting positions (25th & 26th) available to the top 30 drivers based on the final 2001 Featherlite Southwest Series point standings, who have not qualified for one of the original 24 starting positions, provided eligible drivers attempt to qualify. The 27th and 28th starting positions are available to the highest 30 car owners in the final 2001 Featherlite Southwest Series point standings who have not qualified for one of the original 24 starting positions. The 29th and 30th starting positions will be filled by the top two (2) highest finishing drivers from the Qualifying Race, electing to transfer.
SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR)
TELEVISION: SPEED Channel, Air date: Monday, April 8, 2002 8pm EST
Saturday, April 6
10:00 a.m. Registration & Inspections
12:00 noon Mandatory Rookie Driver's Meeting
12:30 p.m. Drawing to determine Qualifying order
1:00 p.m.-3:15 p.m. -- Practice
4:30 p.m. Mandatory driver's meeting
5:30 p.m. Time Trials (2 Laps). All positions
7:30 p.m. Trophy Dash
8:00 p.m. Qualifying Race
9:00 p.m. Rialto Concrete Products "125"
THE RACE TRACK: Mesa Marin Raceway is a 1/2-mile paved oval track.
RECORDS: Driver Date Speed Time
QUALIFYING: Frank Adamo 10/16/98 100.903 mph 17.839 sec.
RACE: 100-Laps Loren Kelley 6/30/90 81.743 mph 36 min. 44 sec.
FEATHERLITE SOUTHWEST SERIES NOTES:
* M.K. Kanke won the Coors Light "125" two weeks ago to complete his comeback after suffering a season ending leg injury last year. Kanke currently sits 11th in the point standings and looks to continue his winning ways at Mesa Marin Raceway. Kanke has four wins and 12 top-5 finishes on the MMR high banks and won the June event last season.
* Craig Raudman of Bakersfield, Calif. will return to the series for the first time since winning the 2001 championship. Raudman is in the process of building a new race team, and will run selected events during 2002.
* Burney Lamar of W. Sacramento, Calif. leads the season point standings after two events and is coming off his best career finish of second two weeks ago at Cajon Speedway.
* Brandon Whitt jumps into the point lead in the Rookie-of-the-Year race after a strong 5th place finish two weeks ago at Cajon Speedway. Nine other competitors in the 2002 Rookie class, including 2001 Mesa Marin Late Model Champion Dan Holtz of Pacific Palisades, join Whitt.
* Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company has posted award tires for all events in 2002, which include 32 tires to be distributed to eligible Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring car owners per event.