Contingency Partners Continue Support of NASCAR Sprint Cup, NASCAR Nationwide, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Teams With Per-Race And Year-End Awards
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Feb. 18, 2011) -- As teams make final preparations to start the 2011 race season, the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) announced the lineup of 2011 NASCAR Prize Money & Decal Program sponsors for all three national series.
The NASCAR Prize Money & Decal Program, commonly referred to as the Contingency Program, is administered by the Charlotte, N.C.-based NASCAR Automotive Group. The program strives to build strong relationships with high-quality, performance-driven brands that are leaders in their respective categories, and award money to NASCAR teams via per-race and year-end awards. Competitors become eligible for prize money by displaying sponsor decals on the front fender of their race cars and trucks. In some instances, use of a sponsor's product is also required.
Among the new partners for this program are Growth Energy/American Ethanol, Exide Batteries and Sunoco, who takes over the Rookie of the Year program in all three national series.
"We are thrilled to sponsor NASCAR's Rookie of the Year program," said Bob Owens, Sunoco's senior vice president of marketing. "It supports rising young talent, promotes the future of a great sport, and makes for exciting racing as drivers compete for the title."
"We are very pleased to have a strong lineup of NASCAR Prize Money & Decal Program sponsors in the national series this year including new partners Growth Energy/American Ethanol, Exide and Sunoco," said Todd Armstrong, managing director, NASCAR Automotive Group. "This program provides strong visibility in our sport and these companies provide valuable dollars to our teams and, in many cases, valuable products and services through their contingency relationships."
Below is the 2011 national series sponsor lineup and special awards:
- 3M -- NSCS, NNS
- ARP Fasteners -- NNS
- Auto Meter Gauges -- NSCS, NNS, NCWTS
- Competition Cams -- NSCS, NNS, NCWTS
- Coors Light -- NSCS*, NNS*, (Keystone Light -- NCWTS*)
- Craftsman -- NSCS, NNS, NCWTS
- DIRECTV -- NSCS*
Crew Chief of the Race/Year
- Edelbrock Intake Manifolds -- NSCS, NNS, NCWTS
- Exide -- NCWTS*
Start Positive, Stay Positive Award
- Featherlite -- NNS*, NCWTS*
Most Improved Driver Award
- Goodyear Gatorback Belts & Hoses -- NSCS*
Fastest Lap Award
- Goodyear Tires -- NSCS*, NNS*, NCWTS*
Awarded to Series Champions
- Growth Energy/American Ethanol -- NSCS*, NNS*, NCWTS*
Green Flag Restart Award (NSCS)
Awarded to Series Champions (NNS, NCWTS)
- Holley Carburetors -- NSCS, NNS, NCWTS
- JE Pistons -- NNS, NCWTS
- JEGS -- NSCS, NNS
- K&N Filters -- NSCS, NNS, NCWTS
- Lincoln Electric -- NSCS, NCWTS
- MAHLE Clevite -- NSCS*, NNS*, NCWTS*
Engine Builder of the Race/Year Award
- Mechanix Wear -- NSCS*, NNS, NCWTS
Mechanix Wear Most Valuable Pit Crew (Quarterly/Year-End)
- Mobil 1 -- NSCS*, NNS*, NCWTS*
Driver of the Race/Year
- MOOG Chassis Parts -- NSCS*, NNS, NCWTS
Problem Solver of the Race/Year
- MSD Ignition -- NNS, NCWTS
- O'Reilly Auto Parts -- NSCS*, NCWTS*
Position Improvement Award
- Simpson Firesuits -- NNS,NCWTS
- Sunoco -- NSCS*, NNS*, NCWTS*
Rookie of the Year
- USG -- NSCS
- Indicates Special Award sponsor with a year-end bonus.