Nationwide Insurance Honored With 2010 NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award December 2, 2010 Metrics-Driven Sponsorship Shows Strong Gains In Awareness, Consideration And Policies Sold Among NASCAR Fans LAS VEGAS, Nev. (Dec. 2, 2010) --...
Nationwide Insurance Honored With 2010 NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award
December 2, 2010
Metrics-Driven Sponsorship Shows Strong Gains In Awareness, Consideration And Policies Sold Among NASCAR Fans
LAS VEGAS, Nev. (Dec. 2, 2010) -- Nationwide Insurance, the official insurance provider of NASCAR and title partner of the sport's No. 2 national series, was honored with the 2010 NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award today at the NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards held at the Bellagio Hotel and Casino.
Following the design and implementation of an integrated advertising campaign and a new model to measure its effectiveness, Nationwide has seen significant increases in brand awareness, purchase consideration, lead generation, and policies sold -- directly through its NASCAR sponsorship.
"In its third year as a major series sponsor, Nationwide Insurance is successfully executing an ambitious, multifaceted program -- consumer programs with advertising and at-track presence; commercial products among teams; and strategic partnerships with other NASCAR sponsors," said Jim O'Connell, vice president of corporate marketing and international development for NASCAR. "Nationwide is raising the bar for metrics-driven sponsorship, not only in NASCAR but in all of sports."
"Nationwide Insurance is honored to receive the NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award," said Jennifer Hanley, senior vice president of marketing services for Nationwide Insurance. "Our strong business results in NASCAR demonstrate that the loyalty of NASCAR fans continues to drive business for us. Nationwide Insurance's NASCAR advertising campaign is also one of the company's most effective campaigns in the last two decades. We thank NASCAR and its fans for their support, and we look forward to bringing more valuable programs and excitement in the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series season."
Nationwide proudly used the NASCAR bar mark or series mark in all aspects of its 2010 program, including:
* Multi-year agreement with Turner to develop www.nascarnationwideseries.com on NASCAR.COM, which provides fans with content dedicated to the NASCAR Nationwide Series, including promotions such as the Code Spotter Sweepstakes to help build the series as well as fan affinity to drivers and teams.
* In cooperation with industry partners, created the Nationwide Insurance "Dash 4 Cash" and "Driver of the Week" programs to lift awareness of Nationwide Insurance, the NASCAR Nationwide Series and its drivers.
* Television and print ads featuring NASCAR Nationwide Series drivers and two-time NASCAR Nationwide champion and team owner, Dale Earnhardt Jr.
* A mobile marketing strategy focused solely on the company's relationship with NASCAR, encompassing an at-track display and a show car program with over 400 event dates a year throughout the country.
* A comprehensive hospitality program encouraging agents and producers to be advocates of the company's sponsorship program and NASCAR.
* Support of NASCAR's exclusive Fuel for Business Council and this B2B Council's annual Human Resources Summit for official NASCAR partners.
Each year, NASCAR recognizes an industry partner who has exemplified the spirit of NASCAR through integrated marketing campaigns for all racing fans, consumers and employees.
Previous winners of the NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award include: Anheuser-Busch, Coca-Cola, ESPN, Fox/TNT/NBC, Gillette, K-mart, Office Depot, Sprint and The Home Depot.