GOODY'S DASH SERIES NASCAR Touring YADKIN VALLEY CHEVROLET "100" What: The Yadkin Valley Chevrolet "100" is Race No. 13 in the NASCAR Goody's Dash Series 1998 Schedule. Where: Concord Motorsports Park in Concord, N.C. is...
GOODY'S DASH SERIES NASCAR Touring YADKIN VALLEY CHEVROLET "100"
What: The Yadkin Valley Chevrolet "100" is Race No. 13 in the NASCAR Goody's Dash Series 1998 Schedule.
Where: Concord Motorsports Park in Concord, N.C. is a .5 mile high banked asphalt oval. The speedway is located 4.1 miles north of SR 24 on US 601.
When: Saturday, August 15, 1998 - 7:30 p.m.
Distance: 100 Laps (50 Miles)
Promoter: Concord Motorsports Park, L.L.C.
Sanction: National Association of Stock Car Automobile Racing Inc. (NASCAR)
Schedule: Saturday, Aug. 15--Registration and Inspection at 9:00 a.m. Mandatory Rookie Drivers Meeting 11:30 a.m. (at the Dash Trailer). Practice 12:00 -2:00 p.m. Draw for qualifying 2:15 p.m. Final Practice 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. Mandatory Driver and Crew Chief Meeting 4:45 p.m. Time Trials (2 laps) 5:15 p.m. Posted Awards: $21,600 Including Promoters Purse, Cash Contingency Awards, $1400 NASCAR Goody's Dash Series Championship Points Fund and $2500 NASCAR Goody's Dash Series Top 20 Bonus Plan.
Participating Manufacturers: Goody's Pharmaceuticals, Moog Chassis Parts, NGK Spark Plugs, NAPA Oil Filters, Pontiac Racing, Pro Shocks, Toyota Racing, Victor Reinz Gaskets, Anheuser-Busch, Gatorade, Goodyear Tires, STP Oil Treatment.
Notes of Interest:
Qualifying Record - 17.171 sec. / 104.827 mph. Danny Bagwell, Nov. 2, 1997
* This event marks the fourth trip for the Goody's Dash Series to Concord Motorsports Park.
* In last year's event, David Hutto punctuated his dramatic comeback to the Series by winning his third consecutive event in the five starts since his return.
* Current point leader, Robert Huffman was in fourth in the points last year coming into this event, 372 points behind point leader Mike Swaim Jr. This year, Huffman comes into this event with a 340-point cushion over Ricky Bryant in second.
* Huffman finished tenth in this event last year, 32 laps behind Hutto after experiencing drive train problems.
* This year's event has been shortened to 100 laps and has been moved up from the early November date to the mid-August date.
* In addition to Hutto, Gary Wade Finley and Mickey York have won the previous Goody's Dash Series events here in 1989 and 1990, respectively.
* Pole winners here have been Mickey York in '89, David Probst in '90 and Danny Bagwell in '97.
Note: Prior to 1992, some records may be incomplete.
Rules Specific To This Track: Tires: Goodyear 2376 (Left Side) 2372 (Right Side) Sound Requirement: 98 DBA maximum @ 100 feet. Field: 26 fastest qualifiers plus two provisionals. Ticket and Other Information: Available from Concord Motorsports Park at 704-782-4221.