Busch North Series, NASCAR Touring, Race ...
Busch North Series, NASCAR Touring, Race #16 of 19
New Hampshire International Speedway, Loudon, N.H.
Thursday, September 12 3:45 to 5:00 p.m. Practice
Friday, September 13
8:00 to 8:30 a.m. Practice
10:15 a.m. Bud Pole Qualifying
Following NWC Qual. Final Practice
Saturday, July 20
1:30 p.m. (approx.) New Hampshire 125
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* The New Hampshire 125 is the fifth of seven Busch North Series races to be televised nationally on SPEED Channel during the 2002 season. The race will be shown between 8 and 10 p.m. Eastern time on Monday, October 21.
* The New Hampshire 125 was not held in 2001 as a result of the national tragedy of the preceding week. The last New Hampshire 125 winner, in 2000, was Andy Santerre. He was trailed in that race by Jamie Aube, Mike Johnson, Dave Dion, and Paul Wolfe.
* Brad Leighton is undefeated in two previous Busch North races at NHIS in 2002, and is riding an unprecedented three-race winning streak datintg back to July 2001. Leighton is the all-time leading winner at NHIS with seven Busch North Series victories.
* This May in the Busch 125, Leighton edged Santerre by the narrowest margin in Busch North Series history, timed at 0.021 seconds and eyeballed at about the width of a front bumper. Kelly Moore, Dale Shaw, and Matt Kobyluck completed the top five.
*In July at the New England 125, Leighton passed Bud Pole winner Brian Hoar on lap 81 and won by 2.155 seconds after employing the unusual pit strategy of changing left side tires. Kobyluck, Martin Truex Jr., and Mike Johnson were third through fifth.
* The track record has been broken in Bud Pole Qualifying at both 2002 NHIS Busch North races. Kelly Moore copped the record in May and Brian Hoar went one better in July with a time of 29.892 seconds, 127.414 miles per hour.
* The New England 125 will be the 38th Busch North Series event at NHIS since 1990; the most races hosted by one speedway in the series’ history. Following Brad Leighton and his seven wins are Ted Christopher, Mike McLaughlin, and Kelly Moore, all tied with four. Dale Shaw and Joe Bessey have three wins, followed by Ricky Craven and Andy Santerre with two. Single winners are Jamie Aube, Martin Truex Sr., Mike Stefanik, Steve Park, Dave Dion, Jerry Marquis, Tom Carey, and Martin Truex Jr.
* Drivers still active in the Busch North Series who raced in the first series event at NHIS in September 1990 include Kelly Moore, Jamie Aube, Dale Shaw, Mike Olsen, Mike Rowe, and Barney McRae.
STAT OF THE WEEK
Seven Busch North Series champions have won races at NHIS: Ricky Craven, Jamie Aube, Kelly Moore, Mike Stefanik, Dale Shaw, Dave Dion, and Brad Leighton. However, only Craven (1991) and Leighton (1999, 2000) have won at the "Magic Mile" during a championship season.