<pre> WHAT: PEPSI COLA "150" Goody's Dash Series, NASCAR Touring Race ...
<pre> WHAT: PEPSI COLA "150" Goody's Dash Series, NASCAR Touring Race #15 of 18
WHERE: Ace Speedway, Altamahaw, N.C. (4/10 Mile Paved Oval)
WHEN: Saturday, September 22, 2001
DISTANCE: 150 LAPS (60 Miles)
POSTED AWARDS: $26,250 (Including $1,600 Goody's Dash Series, NASCAR Touring Championship point fund money.)
FIELD: 28 cars (24 positions to be determined through one-round of time trials. Positions 25 and 26 have been established as driver provisionals and will be made available to the highest 30 drivers in the current 2001 Goody's Dash Series, NASCAR Touring Championship point standings. Positions 27 and 28 have been established as car owner provisionals and will be made available to the highest 30 car owners in the current 2001 Goody's Dash Series, NASCAR Touring Championship point standings.
SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR)
PROMOTOR: Ace Short Track, Inc.
TELEVISION: None Listed
SCHEDULE: Saturday, September 22, 2001 11:00 a.m. Haulers enter and Registration opens. 11:30 a.m. Gates open and Inspections begin. 1:00 p.m. Draw for qualifying. 1:30 p.m. Mandatory Rookie Driver's Meeting. 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. Practice 4:15 p.m. Mandatory Driver/Crew Chief Meeting. 5:45 p.m. Time Trials (2 laps.) 7:00 p.m. All haulers move out of the pits. 8:00 p.m. PEPSI COLA "150"
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* This race is the rescheduled event originally slated for June 2001. The original date was postponed due to inclement weather.
* The series last visited Ace Speedway in 1992. The race winner was Mickey York. Mickey is coming off a third place showing at Bristol Motor Speedway. He has participated on a part-time basis for the past three seasons. Mickey has a renewed determination to compete and that has been fueled by a new sponsor MDC Graphics. The employees of his sponsor also serve as his crew members.
* A new track record will be established as the Speedway has undergone significant improvements since the series' last visit.
* Cam Strader was able to pad his points lead by his top five performance at Bristol. Look for his closest competitors to drive hard to close that gap. Only four events remain in the 2001 campaign.
* The Mag-Klip Rookie of the Year race is up for grabs. Tim Nichols holds a slim one-point advantage over Shane Hmiel.
* Joey Miller, Larry Caudill, Jimmy Britts, and Scott Weaver are the only drivers in the top ten in the Championship points yet to score a win in 2001. All but Miller are past winners in the Goody's Dash Series, NASCAR Touring.