* Justin Allgaier will be making his second start in the NASCAR Nationwide Series in the No. 12 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger for Penske Racing. * Allgaier's first start for Penske Racing was at the Lowe's Motor Speedway, October 10th in...
* Justin Allgaier will be making his second start in the NASCAR Nationwide Series in the No. 12 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger for Penske Racing.
* Allgaier's first start for Penske Racing was at the Lowe's Motor Speedway, October 10th in the Dollar General 300. Allgaier started in the 14th position and was running a solid 13th when he was caught up in a multi-car incident and finished 34th.
* Just two days after Allgaier's first start in the NNS for Penske Racing he won his sixth ARCA race of the year, claiming the 2008 ARCA RE/MAX Series Championship.
* Allgaier has won on every type of ARCA track - speedway, superspeedway, short track, road course and dirt track.
* On September 17, Penske Racing announced the signing of 22-year old Allgaier to drive in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Allgaier will drive a limited Nationwide Series schedule in 2008 and 2009.
* Allgaier has one previous start at the Texas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. Allgaier, piloting the Mike Mittler entry, started 22nd and finished 27th on the 1.5-mile race track.
Justin Allgaier Quote Re: Texas Motor Speedway:
"I am really looking forward to going back to Texas Motor Speedway this weekend in a NASCAR Nationwide Series car. I've raced in the Craftsman Truck Series in 2006 there and had a lot of fun. It is a fast track with lots of room to pass. Hopefully, we'll get a good starting position, work on consistency and come back with a good finish for all these guys that work on this No. 12 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger for Penske Racing.
"It has been a whirlwind since our win in Toledo and gaining the ARCA RE/MAX Series Championship. The entire season has been a dream come true and signing with Penske Racing for their NASCAR Nationwide Series program was the pinnacle of success we have strived to achieve. Now that I have one race under my belt for Penske Racing and have gotten to know the crew it is time for us to go out there, have some fun and bring home solid finishes in the No. 12 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger."
Crew Chief Matt Gimbel on Texas Motor Speedway:
"We're looking forward to a solid weekend with Justin as he moves into and becomes accustomed to the NASCAR Nationwide Series. We had a good run going in Charlotte but he was caught up in an incident not of his own doing. This week we want to keep our nose clean, finish on the lead lap and see what we can do in the last 50 laps of the race.
"I feel Justin has done a good job acclimating himself to the Nationwide Series as well as Penske Racing. Coming from a small team into an organization the size of Penske Racing can be difficult. But Justin is humble, easy to talk with and doesn't get too excited. We are looking forward to running these three races as a primer for next year and hopefully we'll build some momentum for 2009."