* Reed Sorenson heads to Talladega Superspeedway with the No. 10 Braun Racing team with Shore Lodge, Deft and Dollar General on board as sponsors. * Sorenson has had an impressive career with Braun Racing to date. In 2009, he piloted the No....
* Reed Sorenson heads to Talladega Superspeedway with the No. 10 Braun Racing team with Shore Lodge, Deft and Dollar General on board as sponsors.
* Sorenson has had an impressive career with Braun Racing to date. In 2009, he piloted the No. 32 Toyota at Gateway International Raceway in July and Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) in November, finishing second and third, respectively. Sorenson also earned two top-10 finishes in his three starts in Braun Racing's No. 10 entry. This weekend's race at Talladega marks his fifth NNS race in 2010, but his first in the No. 10 Camry. He currently has two top-five and three top-10 finishes, completing 100% of his laps (925/925) in the 2010 season.
* Sorenson has four previous NNS starts at Talladega. Both his best start of 13th came and his best finish of 17th came in April, 2006.
* Always the bridesmaid. The No. 10 team will compete with chassis #BR005 in this weekend's Aaron's 312 at Talladega Superspeedway. Chassis #05 was last seen at Talladega in April, 2009, when Brian Vickers qualified it in the second position. Dave Blaney also qualified the car in the second spot there in April, 2007.
Sorenson on racing at Talladega Superspeedway with the No. 10 team:
"I'm excited to have the opportunity to drive Braun Racing's No. 10 car this weekend. Any weekend I can be in a car is a great one! I was paired with [crew chief] Stewart Cooper last year for some races and we worked really well together. Talladega is its own beast. Like any superspeedway, you get the car as good as you can and then cross your fingers for some luck. The key is just missing all wrecks. If we can do that, then we should finish well. It'll be an exciting race for sure. Talladega always is for the fans."
-source: braun racing