* Logano finished third in Saturday's race at the Talladega Superspeedway in his first career series start at the 2.66-mile oval. * Logano qualified 16th during Friday's qualifying session with a lap of 52.068 seconds, or 183.917 mph. * From...
* Logano finished third in Saturday's race at the Talladega Superspeedway in his first career series start at the 2.66-mile oval.
* Logano qualified 16th during Friday's qualifying session with a lap of 52.068 seconds, or 183.917 mph.
* From the drop of the green flag Joey began to move through the field. He was running in the second position on lap 24.
* Logano came down pit road for a green flag pit stop on lap 38. Crew chief Dave Rogers made a small chassis adjustment to 'loosen' the car up. This would be the only adjustment of the race.
* While running in the fourth under a lap 87 caution period, Rogers called Logano down pit road for right side tires only. The GameStop pit crew did a great job on the stop and got Logano back on the racetrack in the third position at a crucial part of the race.
"I really couldn't be happier with the finish in my first Nationwide start at Talladega. I would love for the GameStop Toyota to be sitting in Victory Lane right now, but it was a good points day for Joe Gibbs Racing. I knew with about a half of a lap to go that it was going to be difficult to get the win. I decided to just start pushing the 6 car and get the best finish possible. To push David (Ragan) to the win was pretty special. We've raced against each other for ten years, from Bandoleros and Legends to the Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series. He deserves this win."
"The last 20 laps of that race were some of the craziest I have ever been a part of. I've raced in the trucks and ARCA here, but that was the biggest pack of cars I have ever raced in. I definitely learned a lot today and hopefully we can continue this wave of momentum that we're on. That's three straight top-five finishes for the No. 20 team. I'm not running for the point's championship this year so my focus when I'm in this car is to help us win the owner's championship again. Finishes like this will help us do that."