Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts: * Lagasse Jr. currently sits 12th in the driver point standings; 73 points separates him from 10th place * The America's Incredible Pizza Company team posted a 20th place finish last week at...
Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts:
* Lagasse Jr. currently sits 12th in the driver point standings; 73 points separates him from 10th place
* The America's Incredible Pizza Company team posted a 20th place finish last week at Chicagoland Speedway. The team has finished in the top-20 in the last six consecutive races
* Since the start of the 2009 season, Lagasse Jr. has posted a career high qualifying effort of fifth at Nashville and has garnered three top-10 finishes with a season best finish of eighth coming from Talladega
* Lagasse Jr. has one start at Gateway International Raceway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. In 2006, he drove to a 21st place finishing position
* Lagasse Jr. and seven other Nationwide Series drivers will compete in a water balloon toss at Gateway. Each driver will be paired up with a media member. The fun will take place Saturday, July 18th at 1:45 pm (CT) on pit road
* Lagasse Jr. and the America's Incredible Pizza Company showcar will be making an appearance at the St. Louis Pizza Company store on Friday, July 17th from 12 - 2 pm (CT). Scott will be on-hand to sign autographs and race go-karts with the customers
CJM Racing Quick Facts:
* CJM Racing will run a second car for four races later this year with ARCA RE/MAX Series regular Justin Lofton. The slated races include: Michigan, Lowe's, Texas and Homestead
* The team will bring chassis # 015 to Gateway. # 015 is the same chassis the team ran at a Phoenix (32nd due to an accident) and New Hampshire (16th)
* CJM Racing has one start at Gateway; the team's best finish ever came from Gateway where they walked away with a third place finish in 2008
* This week's "Incredible Hero" is an organization called Fostering Faithful Families. The new organization is based on the idea that church congregations can support foster and adoptive parents, providing everything from prayer circles and hand-me downs to babysitting. Fostering Faithful Families takes no state or federal money and is the first faith-based movement in Missouri trying to create new foster and adoptive families
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr.'s Thoughts on Gateway:
"These stand-alone tracks remind me of my late model days. I'm really excited about Gateway. It's a neat race track. You'll never be right at either end of the track. It's so different from turns one and two to (turns) three and four. You just kind of have to make it work however you can there. We were actually pretty decent there in the truck so I'm looking forward to going back."