* The Bashas' Supermarkets 200 at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) will mark James Buescher's first start in any of NASCAR's top three divisions. The rookie driver just turned 18 on March 26th. * Buescher is pulling double-duty this weekend...
* The Bashas' Supermarkets 200 at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) will mark James Buescher's first start in any of NASCAR's top three divisions. The rookie driver just turned 18 on March 26th.
* Buescher is pulling double-duty this weekend at PIR. In addition to making his first Nationwide Series start, he will also run the Camping World West Series race on Thursday evening. Having never raced at PIR before, Buescher got acquainted with the track for the first time last week when he tested his Camping World Series car.
* Buescher spent 2007 making a name for himself in the ARCA/Remax Series and the USAR Hooters Pro Cup Series. In seven ARCA starts, he claimed four top-five and six top-10 finishes including a win in his first ARCA event at Lakeland Speedway; making him the youngest winner in ARCA/Remax Series history. He also finished 10th in the Hooters Pro Cup Series final championship standings.
* Starting his racing career at age 11, Buescher has raced in all types of cars including Legends, Bandoleros, ASA Late Models, Hooters Pro Cup, ARCA/Remax, and Camping World East and West Series cars. In his short career, he has earned the Bandolero Young Gun National Championship in 2004, the Legends Young Lions National Championship in 2005, the ASA Late Model Southern Division Championship in 2006, and the ASA Rookie-of-the-Year title.
SEEING DOUBLE? Two Great Clips Camrys on the track this weekend!
Two Great Clips Camrys will take to the track at Phoenix International Raceway in this weekend's Nationwide race. In addition to Leffler's black No. 38 Camry, Braun Racing's No. 32 Toyota to be driven by James Buescher in his series debut, will feature a reverse Great Clips paint scheme.
Buescher on Racing at Phoenix International Raceway
"I'm really excited to make my debut in the Nationwide Series in the Great Clips Camry. It's an honor for me to being driving for Braun Racing. This No.32 car is competitive each and every week and I'm looking forward to keeping it that way. I'm sure there will be a bit of a learning curve since I've never raced at Phoenix International Raceway or in a Nationwide Series car but this is a great team and I'm sure they will help me get comfortable as quickly as possible. Our goal is to bring home a solid finish for everyone at Great Clips."
The No. 32 Great Clips team will compete with chassis #28 in this Friday night's Bashas' Supermarkets 200. This is the same chassis Dave Blaney raced at Phoenix International Raceway in April of 2007. He started 12th and finished 10th. This same chassis was also raced at O'Reilly Raceway Park, Milwaukee, and Memphis by Mike Bliss, Todd Bodine, and Brent Sherman respectively.