RUSTY WALLACE RACING AT NASHVILLE SUPERSPEEDWAY: * In last year's two Nationwide Series events at Nashville, RWR's Dale Ferguson-crewed No. 64, with driver David Stremme aboard, scored one top-five and two top-ten finishes, including a ...
RUSTY WALLACE RACING AT NASHVILLE SUPERSPEEDWAY:
* In last year's two Nationwide Series events at Nashville, RWR's Dale Ferguson-crewed No. 64, with driver David Stremme aboard, scored one top-five and two top-ten finishes, including a near-victory, runner-up effort in the summer event.
* Steve Wallace joins Kyle Busch and Joey Logano as one of only three former Nashville Nationwide Series pole winners entered in Saturday's event. Wallace captured the pole for the summer 2007 Nashville event at only 19 years of age. He also earned the pole for the 2006 ARCA RE / MAX Series event at Nashville. In his six Nationwide Series starts at the track, Wallace has four top-15 finishes, with a best finish of 12th (twice). He boasts a lap completion percentage of 99.5% over those six events.
* Brendan Gaughan's only prior experience at Nashville came in the NASCAR Truck Series. In six Nashville truck starts, Gaughan's record is strong, including two top-five and four top-ten finishes. He completed 901 of 902 possible laps in those six events.
* TEAM 62: The primary chassis for Brendan Gaughan in Nashville is this year's Bristol pole-winner, RWR-024. Gaughan's back-up car for the third consecutive week is RWR-025, an intermediate track workhorse for Steve Wallace and Team 66 in 2008.
* TEAM 66: Steve Wallace's primary car for this weekend is RWR-026, a "concrete killer" for David Stremme and the No. 64 team in 2008. In its three 2008 starts on concrete surfaces, the "26 car" scored two top-five and three top-ten finishes. Wallace has continued that trend in 2009, wheeling the chassis to a seventh-place effort earlier this year at Bristol. Wallace's backup car is no slouch either. RWI-022 was the summer 2007 Nashville pole-winner with Wallace aboard. It scored one top-five and two top-ten finishes for Stremme at Nashville in 2008, including a runner-up effort in the summer event. Wallace wheeled the "22 car" to a top-ten effort earlier this year at Auto Club Speedway.
* BRENDAN GAUGHAN (DRIVER, NO. 62 USFIDELIS CHEVROLET IMPALA SS): "I'm excited to get to Nashville this weekend. We've had a good year so far, but we've lost a little bit of momentum with some weird problems we've had the past two weeks. Nashville offers a great chance for our team to get that momentum back on our side. We're very pleased to have USfidelis on our car this week, so hopefully we can go and get a guitar on Saturday with the new paint job. Trust me, Nationwide's $25,000 wouldn't be too shabby either. Rusty Wallace Racing has the people and equipment to contend for race wins and I really believe that we can be doing exactly that this weekend."
* STEVE WALLACE (DRIVER, NO. 66 USFIDELIS CHEVROLET IMPALA SS): "Nashville has been a really good track for us in the past; we've won a pole there and have had some really fast cars in the races there too. This weekend is the first of the "opportunity races" and we're going to Nashville looking to grab that opportunity as hard as we can. This race is one that we can win and we're going to the track this weekend ready to do just that. My crew chief, Dale Ferguson, almost won at Nashville last year with my old teammate; we're ready to seal the deal this time around. There's not a trophy I'd like to have more than one of those guitars."