* This week's No. 99 Toyota at Nashville Superspeedway ... Trevor Bayne will pilot Chassis No. 52 from the Michael Waltrip Racing NASCAR Nationwide Series stable this weekend at Nashville Superspeedway. This chassis was raced twice this season.
* This week's No. 99 Toyota at Nashville Superspeedway ... Trevor Bayne will pilot Chassis No. 52 from the Michael Waltrip Racing NASCAR Nationwide Series stable this weekend at Nashville Superspeedway. This chassis was raced twice this season. Michael Waltrip drove this Toyota to a 15th-place finish at Auto Club Speedway in February and to a 19th-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway in April.
* Nationwide Stats ... Bayne made his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway earlier this season. The 18-year-old driver started 26th and crossed the finish line 23rd.
* Looking Back at 2008 ... Last season, the Knoxville, Tenn., native competed full-time in the NASCAR Camping World East Series where he finished fourth in the final championship point standings on the strength of one win, six top-three and eight top-10 finishes in 13 starts.
* After 12 ... Over the season's first 12 races, the No. 99 team has notched two top-10 and five top-15 finishes. The MWR team has logged a 13.08 starting average and a 21.67 finishing average. They have completed 1,864 of the 2,300 total laps run this season.
What are your personal goals this weekend at Nashville?
"I think our main goals are to finish all the laps and gain the respect from the other drivers. This is my first weekend working with Jerry (Baxter) so we will work on building our chemistry that we can carry to the next seven races. I think a top 15 finish is a realistic goal for us this weekend. However, I would be really pleased with a top-10 finish. "
You went to Dover last weekend with the No. 99 team. What did you learn about the team?
"I learned that those guys work really well together. They are a tight knit group that has been together forever. Last weekend, they had to change and engine and they stayed calm and collected and they were able to start in the back and work their way up to a seventh-place finish. I look forward to working with them for eight races this season and I think I can learn a lot from Jerry."
CREW CHIEF JERRY BAXTER:
What are your goals for Trevor this weekend?
"We've always run in the top five with David (Reutimann) at Nashville and we had him come by the shop to meet with Trevor and explain all the quirks and characteristics of the racetrack. Our goal is have Trevor finish every lap and simply learn. Nashville is one of my favorite tracks and it's where I got my first win with MW (Michael Waltrip) in 2004. Also, we finished second there with David in 2007 and third last season. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Trevor performs this weekend."