Reed Sorenson heads to Nashville Superspeedway this weekend, * Reed Sorenson heads to Nashville Superspeedway this weekend, looking to score another Sam Bass-designed Gibson Guitar! In his debut race in March, 2005, Sorenson claimed BOTH his...
Reed Sorenson heads to Nashville Superspeedway this weekend,
* Reed Sorenson heads to Nashville Superspeedway this weekend, looking to score another Sam Bass-designed Gibson Guitar! In his debut race in March, 2005, Sorenson claimed BOTH his first NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) pole position AND win after leading for 197 of the 225 laps! In his five previous starts, he has started inside of the top-10 three times, including the Coors Light Pole Award in March, 2005. He has three top-five finishes, one win and has finished outside the top-20 only once!
* No, you're not seeing double... The No. 11 Camry, driven by Rookie of the Year candidate Brian Scott, will join Sorenson and the No. 32 team in sporting the Dollar General colors this weekend at Nashville Superspeedway. The No. 11 Toyota will carry the logo for Dollar General's Literacy Rocks Sweepstakes.
* Sorenson will join fellow NNS drivers signing autographs at the Nationwide Insurance mobile display at Nashville Superspeedway on Saturday, June, 5 from 1-2 p.m. The event is open to the public and will raise funds for those affected by the devastating floods via the Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee. Fans are asked to make a food or monetary donation in order to go through the autograph line.
* Chassis #045 is ready for action in the Music City! The Dollar General team returns to Nashville with chassis #045. This is the chassis that made its debut there in April (2010) when Sorenson drove it to a second-place finish!
* The Dollar General team rolls into Charlotte FIFTH in the Nationwide Series Championship Owner's Points.
Sorenson on returning to Nashville:
"I love racing at Nashville Superspeedway. We had a great car here in April and I've been counting down to coming back. I think we have a great chance to put the Dollar General Toyota into victory lane this weekend. To do it at the track where I got my first win would be very special. Not only would I love to add a second guitar to my collection, but it would be just fantastic to get Dollar General a win at their home track. They are a great sponsor to work with and I know they have a lot of employees and vendor guests that will be at the track this weekend. I am ready to show them how proud I am to drive the Dollar General car!"
-source: braun racing