Jason Leffler seeks redemption in return trip to Nashville * Leffler back in the seat of the No. 38 Great Clips Camry... This weekend at Nashville Superspeedway, Leffler will return to the seat of the No. 38 machine, after piloting the No. 10...
Jason Leffler seeks redemption in return trip to Nashville
* Leffler back in the seat of the No. 38 Great Clips Camry... This weekend at Nashville Superspeedway, Leffler will return to the seat of the No. 38 machine, after piloting the No. 10 Toyota for the last three events. Leffler is splitting his time this season, piloting Braun Racing's No. 10 Camry (eight races) and No. 38 Camry (27 races), to compete for the 2010 driver championship. Trip Bruce will again serve as Leffler's crew chief this weekend.
* Leffler Knows the Way to Victory Lane at Nashville Superspeedway... Six years ago this weekend, Jason Leffler captured his first career Nationwide Series victory at Nashville Superspeedway. In that race, he started from the outside pole and led for 61 laps before taking the checkered flag.
* Nashville Superspeedway, by the numbers... In 11 NASCAR Nationwide Series starts at Nashville Superspeedway, Leffler has one win, four top-five and six top-10 finishes with a total of 125 laps led.
* Last trip to Nashville ended in conflict... In his last visit to Nashville Superspeedway in April, Leffler was parked by NASCAR for what was deemed "aggressive driving" after an incident with the No. 1 car driven by James Buescher. Leffler served a three-week probation period following the incident.
* Autograph Session to Benefit Flood Relief Efforts... NASCAR, Nationwide Insurance and Nashville Superspeedway are working together to help further the relief efforts surrounding the recent floods in Nashville and surrounding areas. Leffler will join other Nationwide Series drivers in signing autographs at the Nationwide Insurance display on Saturday from 1-2 p.m. Funds raised will go to those in need via the Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee.
Leffler on returning to Nashville Superspeedway
"I am looking forward to making a return trip to Nashville this weekend. Obviously, our last trip there didn't go the way we wanted it to, so I'm ready to put that all behind us. This has always been a pretty good track for me. My first Nationwide Series win came at Nashville Superspeedway so I have a lot of good memories there. The last three weeks have been really good for this team and we seem to have gotten over the performance slump we started out with this season. There is a lot to be said for momentum in this sport and we are definitely riding a strong wave of it right now. I would say our chances to be a contender on Saturday night are pretty good!"
The No. 38 Great Clips team will hit the track with chassis #BR025 in this weekend's Federated Auto Parts 300. This chassis last saw track time in the series' last stop at Nashville, where Leffler started 32nd and finished 39th. In 2009, Leffler raced this chassis at Iowa Speedway and Dover Motor Speedway, finishing third and sixth respectively.
-source: braun racing