NOTES: * This week's No. 99 Toyota at The Milwaukee Mile ... Trevor Bayne will pilot Chassis No. 047 from the Michael Waltrip Racing NASCAR Nationwide Series stable this weekend at The Milwaukee Mile. Michael Waltrip raced this car at ...
* This week's No. 99 Toyota at The Milwaukee Mile ... Trevor Bayne will pilot Chassis No. 047 from the Michael Waltrip Racing NASCAR Nationwide Series stable this weekend at The Milwaukee Mile. Michael Waltrip raced this car at Phoenix International Raceway. He qualified Chassis No. 047 ninth and was running second when he was involved in an incident on lap 29. Waltrip crossed the finish line 40th.
* Watch for Bayne ... The young Bayne has six races left with the No. 99 this season. These races include: the June 20 race at the Milwaukee Mile, the July 18 race at Gateway International Raceway in St. Louis, Mo., the July 25 race at O'Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis, Ind., the August 1 race at Iowa Speedway, the August 21 race at Bristol (Tenn.) Speedway and finishing up at Phoenix (Ariz.) International Raceway on November 14.
* Nationwide Stats ... In three NNS starts, the Knoxville, Tenn., native has a 12th-place starting average coupled with a 21st finishing average. He has completed 623 of the 725 total laps run this season.
* Looking Back at 2008 ... Last season, the Knoxville, Tenn., native competed full-time in the NASCAR Camping World East Series where he finished fourth in the final championship point standings on the strength of one win, six top-three and eight top-10 finishes in 13 starts.
* After 14 ... Over the season's first 14 races, the No. 99 team has notched two top-10 and six top-15 finishes. The MWR team sits 18th in the owners' point standings. They are 94 points out of 17th and only 139 points out of the top 15.
* Autograph Signing ... Bayne will sign autographs on Friday, June 19 from 3:30 -- 4:30 p.m. local time at "Grandstand Avenue" at the Milwaukee Mile.
You have never raced at Milwaukee but what are you expectation?
"I have never raced at Milwaukee but I have been on several tracks like Milwaukee. I know that the tires are going to wear out quick. I also have to expect that the car is going to handle different in the race then in practice since practice is during the day and we race at night. I have been able to gain some confidence the last couple of weeks so I am looking forward to this weekend at Milwaukee."
What are your thoughts about this weekend's race at the one-mile oval?
"We are bringing a Toyota that was solid at Phoenix for Michael (Waltrip). I also think Trevor has gained a lot of confidence the last couple of weeks. I think we have a good chance of finishing in the top 10 this weekend at Milwaukee."