JASON KELLER 2009 * Currently eighth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings * Recorded season-best sixth-place finish at Iowa * Eclipsed the 100,000 mile mark in his career in the NASCAR Nationwide Series on June 12 * Ninth-place...
JASON KELLER 2009
* Currently eighth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings
* Recorded season-best sixth-place finish at Iowa
* Eclipsed the 100,000 mile mark in his career in the NASCAR Nationwide Series on June 12
* Ninth-place finish in the Camping World 300 at Daytona in February was the highest of non NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers
* Six top-10 finishes are the most he has registered since the 2005 season
JASON KELLER @ MICHIGAN
* Is the NNS career leader at Michigan in starts (14), laps (1553) and miles (3106)
* Four of his six career top-20 finishes at Michigan have come in last five starts
* Started 26th, made his way up to second, and ended up finishing 17th in the 2008 Carfax 250
* One of three tracks on the 2009 schedule that he has made 10 or more starts at and has not registered a top-5 finish (Atlanta and Texas)
JASON KELLER ON MICHIGAN
"Michigan, with it's long, sweeping corners, has been a track that I've had some struggles at throughout my career. One thing our team has done this year is that we have made some strides at other tracks I've struggle at, so I expect that trend to continue this weekend. Chicagoland is somewhat similar to Michigan and although we didn't bring home the finish that we would have liked, we ran well for most of the race. We'll take what we learned at Chicagoland to make some adjustments on our package for this weekend and I expect that we'll continue to see improvements."
TODD GORDON ON MICHIGAN
"The Iowa test provided us a chance to try some new things and for us to make some changes that will not only help on the smaller tracks, but on the larger speedways as well. We're bringing a brand new car to Michigan that has a little different body style than our other cars. With speed being critical to being successful, we focused on cleaning drag out of the car without losing downforce. Last weekend we had a respectable 16th-place finish at Watkins Glen and over the last four races we've brought home two top-10 finishes. I feel that we're headed back in the right direction and I'm looking forward to getting back on the track this weekend!"