* Brian Ickler returns to the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota. This weekend marks Ickler's third career Nationwide Series start and his second in 2009. He was previously behind the wheel of the No. 32 at Iowa Speedway (August, 2009), where he ran...
* Brian Ickler returns to the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota. This weekend marks Ickler's third career Nationwide Series start and his second in 2009. He was previously behind the wheel of the No. 32 at Iowa Speedway (August, 2009), where he ran with the leaders until late-race contact with another competitor ended his day early.
* Ickler has one previous start at Memphis Motorsports Park (MMP). He made his first start at the ¾-mile track in June, 2009, when he traveled there with the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS). Ickler qualified his truck in the 10th position and brought home a 12th-place finish.
* The No. 32 Dollar General team is the defending pole-sitter at MMP! The No. 32 team and James Buescher started from the pole position in last year's Kroger on Track for the Cure 250. This year they look to duplicate that effort with another up-and-coming, young phenom, Ickler.
* Who is guiding Brian Ickler around the track from the spotter stand? It is none other than Tom Busch, mentor and NNS regular, Kyle Busch's father. The elder Busch and Ickler have paired up this year for a very successful partial season in the NCWTS. When Ickler is not racing, he and Tom practice and qualify Busch's Late Model. This past weekend, the pair was in Winchester, Indiana, preparing the car for Busch to race in Sunday's event. They did a stellar job as Ickler qualified the car in the 10th position. Busch went on to win the Winchester 400 Champion Racing Association Super Series race on Sunday afternoon.
* Ickler extends Braun Racing's "pink" weekend and will participate in the NASCAR Foundation's Track Walk at MMP. Saturday's track walk will benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure® as it continues to raise awareness for breast cancer early detection and prevention, as well as Speedway Children's Charities and The NASCAR Foundation as they continue to work in support of children and families in need. For more information please visit www.nascar.com/foundation. Ickler will also sign autographs for MMP season ticket holders on Friday evening from 5:15-6:15 p.m. CST.
Ickler on racing at Memphis Motorsports Park:
"I am really excited to be back at Memphis Motorsports Park. It has true, short-track character. The bumper-to-bumper racing will be a lot of fun in these Nationwide Series cars. When I was here with the Truck Series, it was unbelievably hot. I expect we will have a completely different track this weekend with the cooler temperatures. I think we'll have some fun and exciting racing for the fans."
Ickler on being back with Braun Racing in the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota
"It was great working with Trent (Owens) and the Dollar General team at Iowa and I'm really looking forward to being back with them again at Memphis. They unload strong cars, week in and week out. I think we have a very good chance at a top run with the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota this weekend."
* The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #028 in this weekend's Kroger on Track for the Cure at Memphis Motorsports Park.
* No 028 was last seen on track at Richmond International Raceway (September, 2009) where David Reutimann qualified the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota 10th and finished in the fifth position.
* No 028 is no stranger to Ickler. This is the same chassis that he practiced and qualified earlier this season for Reutimann at O'Reilly Raceway Park (July, 2009).