* This weekend marks Vickers' fifth NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. In four previous starts he has started outside of the top-10 only once, including a start from the pole position (March, 2008). Last season he...
* This weekend marks Vickers' fifth NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. In four previous starts he has started outside of the top-10 only once, including a start from the pole position (March, 2008). Last season he logged his best finish of third at the 1.5-mile track.
* Of his 19 career laps led at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, all have been in Braun Racing's No. 32 Dollar General Toyota! In March, 2008 he led for 8 laps in the No. 32 Camry and in February, 2009, he led for 11.
* Chassis #40 is ready to prove it's the horse to beat! The Dollar General team heads to Vegas with chassis #040. This car made its debut last year at Charlotte Motor Speedway (May, 2009) and was driven by Vickers in a total of six races. He qualified inside of the top-10 for five of the events and finished outside of the top-15 only once!
* This will be Vickers last appearance in the No. 32 Camry until the Nationwide Series heads to Talladega (April, 2010). Reed Sorenson will hop in the driver's seat starting at Bristol Motor Speedway (March, 2010) for the first of his 23 NNS races in the Dollar General Toyota.
* Impressive numbers at Las Vegas! Vickers ranks in the top-10 in several Loop Data categories. These categories include: Closers (4th), Driver Rating (6th), Fastest Drivers Early in a Run (1st), Fastest Drivers Late in a Run (1st), Fastest Laps Run (8th), Fastest on Restarts (2nd), Fastest Green Flag Speed (1st), Laps in the Top-15 (9th), Laps Led (7th) and Quality Passes (7th).
Vickers on returning to Las Vegas Motor Speedway:
"Although the finishes don't show it, I really like this track a lot! I've had some great races here with the Dollar General team; we just haven't been able to close the deal. In 2008, we qualified on the pole and had a fast car during the race. Unfortunately a blown tire sent me into the outside wall and ended the day early. Last year we had the car to beat and gave the win away. I'm ready to get back there and finish what we started. It's a big advantage to come back here with the same group of guys and some great notes. We gave Dollar General their first pole position here at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in 2008, and now it's time to give them a win."
-source: braun racing