* This Week's Charger... The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-030 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) Sam's Town 300 race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. PRS-030 is a brand new chassis to the No.
* This Week's Charger... The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-030 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) Sam's Town 300 race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. PRS-030 is a brand new chassis to the No. 22 Discount Tire team.
* Double Duty... Driver Brad Keselowski will compete in both the NASCAR Cup Series and Nationwide Series full-time in 2010. In addition to racing the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge in Saturday's Nationwide Series race, he will compete in Sunday's Shelby American in the No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger. Keselowski is a favorite to produce the first NASCAR title for Roger Penske after consecutive third-place championship finishes in the Nationwide Series.
* The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger in 2010... After two races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team currently sit fifth in Nationwide Series driver and owner point standings. Keselowski earned his first top-five finish of the season last weekend with a third-place result at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif.
* Meet Brad Keselowski... Keselowski will be signing autographs at 4 pm PT on Thursday, February 25 at the Discount Tire store located at 6565 E. Lake Mead Blvd, Las Vegas, Nev.
* The Rest is History... In two previous Nationwide Series starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Penske Racing entries have recorded one top-five finish (Kurt Busch, 2/07), one top-10 finish and have completed 409 of 409 laps contested (100 %).
Brad Keselowski on racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
"Things happen in a hurry at Las Vegas. Wrecks happen fast and you can quickly run up on another competitor. You have to make decisions on the fly because these Nationwide cars run on momentum as much as anything, due to the tapered carburetor spacer. You can't waste time getting around someone. I've worked hard to improve my driving at the mile-and-a-half tracks, so I'm looking forward to getting behind the wheel of the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger this weekend. We want to continue our solid start to the season so that we are in a good position when we get to the non-companion races because there is no Chase in the Nationwide Series."
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on preparing a car for Las Vegas Motor Speedway
"We're coming off a solid race in California and it's important that we carry that momentum over to this weekend's race at Las Vegas. It's a challenging track to prepare for, but it's a lot of fun too. You have to have your car working well around the bottom of the track. Track position is very important with these cars because they are so aero-dependant, so you want to get to the front for that clean air. Brad is a hard-charger and that mentally fits him perfectly. Hopefully we can give him a car he can drive to Victory Lane."
-source: penske racing