* The Driver...Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will make his second career NASCAR start at Iowa Speedway on Saturday night. In 2009, Stenhouse won the pole at Iowa Speedway and finished 22nd.J * The Organization...Roush Fenway Racing has one top-five, one...
* The Driver...Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will make his second career NASCAR start at Iowa Speedway on Saturday night. In 2009, Stenhouse won the pole at Iowa Speedway and finished 22nd.J
* The Organization...Roush Fenway Racing has one top-five, one top-10 and a pole in three Nationwide Series starts at Iowa Speedway.
* The Machine...The No. 6 Ford Fusion once again carries the CitiFinancial colors this weekend. CitiFinancial is the primary sponsor for 24 races in 2010 for Stenhouse. The team will use chassis #RK-378 in the U.S. Cellular 250. This chassis has been used twice in 2010. In April, Stenhouse started 5th and finished 29th in Texas and Brian Ickler started 21st and finished 14th in June at Kentucky Speedway using this chassis.
* Now Appearing...Stenhouse will be participating in a Safe Driving campaign for Nationwide Insurance on Friday, July 30, 2010 from 11:30 a.m. -- 1:00 p.m. local time in Clive, Iowa. Stenhouse will also be signing autographs on Saturday, July 31, 2010 from 1:30 p.m. -- 2:30 p.m. local time near Manatt Grandstands at Iowa Speedway.
* Locked In...The No. 6 Roush Fenway Racing team is 23rd in owner points and for the fourth consecutive week is guaranteed a spot in the U.S. Cellular 250 at Iowa Speedway on Saturday night. The top-30 teams are locked into the event.
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. on racing at Iowa Speedway:
"I can't wait to get back to Iowa. Last year we won the pole and had a fast car and I expect the same thing on Saturday. The race didn't turn out the way we would have liked but I feel good about going back there. We are going to race at night which should heat things up even more. Our CitiFinancial team has been running well lately and I have no reason to think we can't continue it in Iowa. We're coming off a solid effort at ORP (O'Reilly Raceway Park) and the guys are excited about this weekend which makes me feel good."
Crew Chief Mike Kelley on racing at Iowa Speedway:
"I can't say enough about how hard this CitiFinancial team has worked lately. It's not like we haven't had the effort all year, but the guys and Ricky (Stenhouse Jr.) have really stepped up over the last six weeks. We continue to make strides with our cars and Ricky has been doing his part on track so the attitude is really positive these days. Last year in Iowa, Ricky was on the pole so I know he is going to be comfortable as soon as practice begins and that is so important. Since we are locked into the race, it will give us more time to work on race runs as opposed to focusing on having to qualify for the race."