Ickler Ready to Return to Iowa Speedway's Victory Lane in Braun Racing debut Notes of Interest: * Ickler makes debut in No. 32 Dollar General Toyota! Although he practiced the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota at O'Reilly Raceway Park, this weekend...
Ickler Ready to Return to Iowa Speedway's Victory Lane in Braun Racing debut
Notes of Interest:
* Ickler makes debut in No. 32 Dollar General Toyota! Although he practiced the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota at O'Reilly Raceway Park, this weekend marks Brian Ickler's first of two starts for Braun Racing. Ickler joins Brian Vickers, David Reutimann, Reed Sorenson and Jacques Villeneuve to round out the talented cast of drivers in the No. 32 Camry.
* Ickler Previous Winner at Iowa Speedway! While most Nationwide Series (NNS) drivers will see Iowa Speedway for the first time this weekend, Ickler is no stranger to the 0.875-mile track. He has made two previous starts in the NASCAR Camping World East Series (NCWSE), winning the 2008 East/West Showdown and finishing second to Kyle Busch in this season's event. His qualifying statistics aren't too shabby either. He started the 2008 event from the fifth spot and this season's Showdown from the outside pole position.
* Second Career NNS Start for Ickler: He made his NNS debut at Phoenix International Raceway (November, 2008). This season, Ickler has also spent time behind the wheel of the No. 51 and No. 15 Toyota Tundras in the Camping World Truck Series.
* Owner AND Driver: This 23-year-old knows what it's like to work hard and drive hard. After finding success in the Camping World West Series, Ickler moved from San Diego to Mooresville, N.C., where he set up shop and started his own NCWSE team, Ickler Motorsports. In 2008, he boasted three wins, three top-five and five top-10 finishes and claimed two pole positions. He also led an impressive 452 laps.
Ickler on driving Braun Racing's No. 32 Dollar General Toyota:
"I am really excited to have the opportunity to drive for an organization like Braun Racing. The No. 32 team is very competitive, week in and week out. I was able to spend time with [crew chief] Trent Owens and the team last weekend at O'Reilly Raceway Park. I think that will definitely work to our advantage this weekend. As a driver, it was hard to get the taste of being behind the wheel and then watch the race. I am really looking forward to being able to race the Dollar General Toyota at Iowa Speedway."
Ickler on racing at Iowa Speedway:
"I love racing at Iowa Speedway. It is a lot of fun -- a fast, short-track. I think the racing this weekend is going to be great! I've been fortunate to have raced in the Camping World Series here and am excited to have the opportunity to race in the inaugural Nationwide Series race. I think the fans are going to get quite a show on Saturday. As for our team, I think with the combination of the Dollar General team and their strong Toyotas and my track experience, we have a really good chance at celebrating in victory lane."
* The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #024 in this weekend's U.S. Cellular 250 at Iowa Speedway.
* This is the same chassis that the No. 32 team ran this season at Kentucky Speedway with Burney Lamar. He qualified the Dollar General Toyota in the 18th position and finished eighth.