NOTES: * Nationwide Stats ... In six NASCAR Nationwide Series starts, the Knoxville, Tenn., native has a 10.8 starting average coupled with a 19th-place finishing average. He has completed 1,254 of the 1,375 total laps run this season. * Vote,...
* Nationwide Stats ... In six NASCAR Nationwide Series starts, the Knoxville, Tenn., native has a 10.8 starting average coupled with a 19th-place finishing average. He has completed 1,254 of the 1,375 total laps run this season.
* Vote, Vote, Vote ... Go to www.nascar.com and cast your votes for Trevor Bayne as the 2009 Most Popular Driver of the Year Award. Fans may vote or submit a write-in candidate once per day and are encouraged to vote throughout the season. Voting ends Oct. 31 for the NNS. Results will be announced at each of the respective series' season-end banquets.
* After 19 ... Over the season's first 19 races, the No. 99 team has notched three top-10 and 10 top-15 finishes. The MWR team sits 16th in the owners' point standings. They are only 133 points behind the No. 62 entry owned by Rusty Wallace in 15th.
* Meet the Driver ... Bayne will sign autographs at the Aaron's store located at 5750 Crawfordsville Rd., Indianapolis, Ind., from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Fri., July 24.
* Looking Back at 2008 ... Last season, the Knoxville, Tenn., native competed full-time in the NASCAR Camping World East Series where he finished fourth in the final championship point standings on the strength of one win, six top-three and eight top-10 finishes in 13 starts.
What do you think of ORP?
I have never been to ORP, but I guess it's more of an Irwindale (Calif.) type race track. Kind of more of a circle short track so I'm looking forward to going there and racing. These types of race tracks fit my style. I have raced on circle short tracks since I started racing in the Hooters Pro Cup Series so I am feeling pretty good about ORP."