* This Week's Charger... The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-015 during Friday's 200-lap race at O'Reilly Raceway Park (ORP). This is a brand-new chassis to the No. 22 team. * The No. 22 Discount Tire...
* This Week's Charger... The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-015 during Friday's 200-lap race at O'Reilly Raceway Park (ORP). This is a brand-new chassis to the No. 22 team.
* The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger in 2010... After 19 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 168 points over Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega Superspeedway in April.
* Adding to the Record... By taking the checkered flag in last Friday's race at Gateway International Raceway, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record with his 86th consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
* Series Leader... Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (14), top-10 finishes (16) and laps completed. He has completed all but one of the 3,503 laps contested this season and has led the field for 765 of those circuits.
* Short Track Stats... In 23 career short track starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated four wins, 10 top-five finishes and 13 top-10 finishes. He has led the field a total of seven times for a total of 553 laps.
* Meet Brad... Keselowski will be signing autographs at the Discount Tire store located at 8570 Northwest Boulevard in Indianapolis on Thursday, July 22 at 3 p.m. EDT.
Brad Keselowski on racing at ORP
"ORP is one of those tracks that brings a grassroots feel back to short-track racing in the Nationwide Series. There is just good, hard short-track racing that goes on there. We get a good crowd of Midwesterners that show up to the race, which adds to the excitement. It's usually a sellout crowd and, as a driver, that's a cool feeling. ORP has a great, unique tradition behind it with the open pit area and no haulers in the infield. It really takes me back a few years to when I was racing late models on the local level."
Brad Keselowski on regaining momentum
"We've been strong on the short tracks this season. I think ORP is a great place for us to regain some of the momentum we have lost over the last couple of races. We had a pretty big lead in the points heading into Chicago and we've seen that dwindle a bit. When you have two weeks like we've had it makes you thankful that you had a big lead. It would be different if we weren't competitive over the last few weeks, but that's not the case. Paul Wolfe and all the guys continue to give me fast Discount Tire Dodges. We're definitely not in a slump, but we need to get back on track."
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on preparing a car for ORP
"ORP is really a momentum racetrack. The line is very high and you tend to roll the top without using much braking. The straightaways are not long so there is no aerodynamic dependency. It's just an old-school short track where you rely on mechanical grip more than anything else. The car needs to rotate in the center of the corner without being too loose on exit. Tight in the center and loose off the corner is usually the condition you have to fight when racing at ORP. The driver who can run both lanes of the track is usually the winner because you need to be able to use the bottom to pass."
-source: penske racing