* PAUL MENARD will make his eighth NASCAR Nationwide Series start at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. in this weekend's Stater Bros. 300. * MENARD AT FONTANA... Menard has eight starts, one top-five and two top-10 finishes in NNS ...
* PAUL MENARD will make his eighth NASCAR Nationwide Series start at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. in this weekend's Stater Bros. 300.
* MENARD AT FONTANA... Menard has eight starts, one top-five and two top-10 finishes in NNS competition at the 2.0-mile southern California track.
* LAPS... Menard has completed 1171 of 1202 (97.4 %) of the laps he has attempted in NNS competition at Fontana and led seven. Over the last six NNS races Menard has competed in at Fontana, he has spent 444 laps in the top 15.
* ON THE TRACK...The No. 98 team will unload the Richmond/Menard's Ford Fusion for this weekend's Stater Bros. 300 at Fontana.
* REWIND, 2009 NATIONWIDE RESULTS... In his limited 2009 NNS schedule, Menard made 16 starts. He notched one top-five and four top-10 finishes. Menard piloted a Ford for the first time in a NNS race at Fontana in October of 2009. He started that race 22nd and finished 11th, his third best finish at the track.
* REWIND, DRIVE4COPD 300... Mother Nature brought rain to Daytona International Speedway on Friday, and forced NASCAR Nationwide Series Officials to cancel the DRIVE4COPD 300 qualifying session and set the grid according to the NASCAR Rule Book. Menard started 43rd, spent 58 of 120 laps in the top 15 and avoided several close calls on the track to finish sixth in the race.
* DOUBLE DUTY... Menard is slated to race full schedules in both the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series in 2010. This will be Menards first fulltime NNS season since 2006.
* MENARD IN THE NATIONWIDE SERIES... Menard made his first NNS start in 2003, since then he has made 131 starts and secured two poles, one win, 15 top-five and 42 top-10 finishes. Menard has led 368 laps of Nationwide Series competition.
* MENARDS ON THE TRACK... In addition to their partnership with Roush Fenway Racing and the No. 98 Ford Fusion NASCAR Nationwide Series team, Menards is also affiliated with the racing ventures: Matt Crafton and Frank Kimmel, as well as the No. 98 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford Fusion entry in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
Paul Menard on racing at the Auto Club Speedway:
"Last weekend was a good start for our season. We ran well, we had good pit stops and got a top-10 finish. Heading to California, I feel confident that we'll have another really good race. Fords almost always run well there and that combined with a solid setup and a strong team should equal a really good finish."
Crew chief Matt Puccia on racing at the Auto Club Speedway:
"A lot of pressure has been relieved now that we made it through Daytona. We've got the first race under our belt as a new team and seen that we're capable of solid finishes. We have confidence and we're looking forward to another solid run. A Roush Fenway Ford at Fontana is going to be tough to beat, so we're looking forward to seeing that bright yellow Menards Ford in Victory Lane this weekend."