Joey Logano "We had an up and down race, for sure. The GameStop Toyota went through a lot today. We had a hole punched in the nose about halfway through the race and we had to fix it. It was never the same after that. We just kept working on...
"We had an up and down race, for sure. The GameStop Toyota went through a lot today. We had a hole punched in the nose about halfway through the race and we had to fix it. It was never the same after that. We just kept working on it and working on it and on the last pit stop we got it pretty close. Not good enough to win, but if we had one more pit stop we would have made it a lot better. We might have been able to get up there and race with Kyle (Busch), but I'm still proud of my team and everything they overcame tonight."
"This finish was all Dave Rogers. He noticed the hole in the front of the nose piece and that gave the crew an opportunity to get it fixed. When I told him I needed to be freed up at the end he swung for the fences and made a pretty big change, which was exactly what I needed. Those are the two reasons that we were able to come home third tonight. We were going for the win tonight, but this is a finish that we can build on."
- Logano started seventh after a qualifying lap of 40.65 seconds.
- Logano radioed to crew chief Dave Rogers that the car was "loose" at the start of the race, but that the chassis came around the longer he ran.
- While running some of the fastest lap times on the track, Logano ran over a piece of debris under the lap 51 caution, resulting in a hole on the left front section of the nose. This caused the chassis to go to the "tight" side because of the loss of front downforce.
- The pit crew did a great job in making repairs to the No. 20 GameStop Toyota, but Logano was still fighting a "tight" condition.
- Logano called for Rogers to "free" up the chassis under the last caution. Rogers responded with big adjustments that allowed Logano to race his way to third place at the finish.