* Brian Vickers has competed in four previous races at Auto Club Speedway in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) and ten races in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS). * Vickers has one top-five and three top-10 NSCS finishes and one pole position...
* Brian Vickers has competed in four previous races at Auto Club Speedway in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) and ten races in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS).
* Vickers has one top-five and three top-10 NSCS finishes and one pole position (September 2004) and two outside pole starts (February 2005 and September 2006).
* Vickers has one top-five and two top-10 NNS finishes and has led 37 out of 582 completed laps at the Fontana, California track.
* Burney Lamar is due to be a new dad any day now!
Vickers Sounds Off On Returning to Auto Club Speedway
"If we pick up from where we left off in the fall, we should have a pretty good day! We qualified decent, starting just outside the top-10. We worked hard all day and brought home a third-place finish."
Vickers On the Season Opener at Daytona
"We had a really strong car in Daytona. The team did a great job. It's Daytona and you never know who will go with you in the final laps. We ended up alone and shuffled back. It was still a solid day for the Dollar General team and a great start to our season."
The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #037 in this weekend's Stater Bros. 300.
Chassis #37 did not place outside of the top-10 in any race last season. Vickers has finishes of fifth (Lowe's), sixth (Texas), fourth (Chicago) and second (Lowe's). Denny Hamlin also piloted the chassis to seventh place finishes at Nashville Superspeedway in March and Homestead-Miami Speedway in November.
West Coast Style for Vickers
Vickers plans to spend time hanging out with friends, check out Fox's Hell's Kitchen ...pay a visit to the Jim Rome Show ...and visit Toyota's Headquarters with his Braun Racing teammates for Toyota Motorsports Day...oh yeah...and visit Auto Club Speedway's Victory Lane!
Burney Lamar Heads Back to Home State
DG Teammate Burney Lamar...the California kid...heads back to his home state with his Dollar General team though not behind the wheel this weekend, you will find Burney a permanent fixture with his new team. Burney plans to hit In-N-Out Burger, Huntington Beach, and visit Toyota Headquarters in Torrance, CA for Toyota Motorsports Day.